ivanda2nd

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
im getting popups from microsoft, that my window 7 pro is not genuine .i downloaded it straight microsoft.i can not get any updates .im not having any problem with win 7,it works great.how can i get updates?.

Solution
Sometimes i get a popup from Microsoft security essentials claiming my operating system is not genuine.

I put it to probably being the validating component used by MSE not establishing an internet connection quick enough to clarify. Either rebooting or going to the link to certify does the trick for me, either way it’s annoying, it’s happened to me twice this year.

bwrlane

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
To be fair, he did not ask for help bypassing activation, but help for an erroneous report that his software is not genuine. We all know that software can be buggy and there is no magic rule that Microsoft's validation methods are always correct. Also there's no guarantee that someone else hasn't stolen the key. There are a million ways this could happen.

So on the basis of the principle that we're "innocent until proven guilty", I'm going to assume that you do indeed own a legitimate licence. I myself have had Windows report that it "is not genuine". It happened to my legitimately-owned and licensed copy of Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate. A few days later the message mysteriously disappeared with no action on my part. It was a mistake. They happen. See if this works for you.

If that fails, I think your only recourse is to Microsoft customer service. Explain very clearly what happened and be ready to prove that you are the legitimate licensee. Hopefully they will be able to help. I must add the warning however, that if you did obtain the copy fraudulently or if you have multiple installations, you are committing a criminal act and are liable for prosecution.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Sometimes i get a popup from Microsoft security essentials claiming my operating system is not genuine.

I put it to probably being the validating component used by MSE not establishing an internet connection quick enough to clarify. Either rebooting or going to the link to certify does the trick for me, either way it’s annoying, it’s happened to me twice this year.

Solution

ivanda2nd

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
look guys, i know.i downloaded it straight from microsoft.im not trying to get in trouble or get anybody in trouble.2 days after i downloaded windows 7 someone tried hacking my laptop.did not succeed?.i have nortons security.nortons and i notice that someone tried hack me.no deal.so nortons did a checkup they notice the issue and resolved it.i havent had a problem ever sence they did that.ever since then i cant get updates.im not trying to do anything ilegal.im not havi any problems of any kind. just cant get da updates.i would have not post this if i did something wrong.

ivanda2nd

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

thank you!!!