Forwarding Ports but they're still closed?

TSK-REAPER22

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014
Hey all... so im trying to portforward a minecraft server on 25565 i will lista ll the information i can and/or know.
My pc is custom built.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
Router/Modem? I only have one unit...: Arris TG1672G
PSU: Lepa 500w
Using the ethenet port on my motherboard; Shows at Realtek PCIe GBE Adapter.
Im on windows 7
My ISP is Time Warner Cable.
The only things connected on WIRED LAN connection are my PC and my PS4, there are other devices connected on wifi if needed i can list those, they're just phones and tablets.
There is no NAS storage hooked up.
Just tried to list everything that was asked for in the sticky for help.

Basically i have portforwarded 25565 AND 25590 to see if it was just the minecraft port but neither of them have worked.
I get this from canyouseeme: Error: I could not see your service on (IP) on port (25565)
My IP is static and i have tried setting my IPV4 as the DMZ host IP but that didnt work.
My router settings page has 2 options. Port Triggers and Virtual servers, i have tried adding the port in both of these places but ive only seen people add it in the Virtual servers area on guides/videos i watched.
If anything else is needed i can try to provide it.
Thanks!

TSK-REAPER22

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014

i completely turned off windows firewall, i also added the ports in avast and i tried setting my IP to DMZ host, but to no avail. i talked to tier 3 TWC help (still idiots but i tried it anyways) and they couldnt figure it out... please somebody has to know what i could be

adamwinn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Have you experimented with any other port numbers? Try a lower number, like 8001 to see if that works for some reason. When it was in DMZ, did anything else show up as open, like 80/443/?

TSK-REAPER22

Reputable
Feb 23, 2014

i dont know how to check if any other ports opened that normally arent i just checked the 2 that i forwarded... i tried 8001 and its still closed aswell

adamwinn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
If you can get another device on the same network, see if the port is open at least in the LAN:
https://kb.acronis.com/content/7503

By doing this you can isolate if it's your PC or if it's the router/modem. IE: If you can see the port is open between two devices on the lan, then it must be the modem somehow that is wrong.

On the modem/router, did you double-check that you are inputting the corrected static IP for your device?