Forza Horizon 3 Stutter issue

Sep 29, 2018
I just installed Forza Horizon 3. I used my friend his account, to see if my pc could handle the game. I meet the minimum requirements. I almost meet the recommenden requirements, except for the RAM (8GB instead of 12GB). The issue is, when i try to play the game, after a 20 second drive, the game starts to stutter heavily. This made the game unplayable. No matter what settings i apply, the game keeps stuttering heavily. My friend can play the game with the same GPU. Difference is that he has 16GB instead of my 8GB. If that difference should matter, i should be able to play the game at at least low settings right? I tried several ''fixes'' that i found on the web, but nothing really worked. My question is: Why is my game lagging so much? Has it something to do with the ammount of RAM i got installed?

PC specs:

Intel Core i5-8400

Asus ROG Strix 1050 Ti

8 GB RAM from Crucial 2133 MHz (not sure what type)

(I dont know if this matters) Game installed on 7200 RPM Samsung HDD

Solution
You don't have enough RAM to run the game. That's literally what RAM does is run programs. Upgrade your RAM if you want to play games. 16GB is the current preferred standard.
Sep 29, 2018

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015

Closing programs isn't going to help. He doesn't meet the minimum requirements to even run the game. The fact that it even launches is surprising.

Kashimi

Honorable
Apr 14, 2015

CPU has nothing to do with RAM in this case, His RAM is too low.

well i just tryied forza 3, minimised background ram usage to 2GB
8PhBnCD.jpg

played few laps, RAM usage was siting in between 8-9GB, gpu ram was maxed and 1.5GB was used as shared...so if we exclude 1GB because i have 3GB gpu and he has 4GB, so he can play it without too much swap tbh
8FexMyz.jpg

here u can see as my gpu doesnt have enough ram so it eats system ram
reduce 1GB from used system ram so u can see it can fit to his PC, he has 8GB system + 4 GB graphic (12GB), on this picture u can see 11.2GB ram used

The issue is as soon as you hit 6gb of system ram usage it will start pagefiling to/from,the harddrive.

If all you have in your system is a lone platter based hard drive that will kill game performance on something open world like fh3 which constantly spools data

thats true...
well that game is kinda greedy even at lowest details....
am plaing the crew 2, which runs at ultra details really great, 2gb vram, 6gb ram usage, looks way better and better content than forza

forza 4 uses about 6-7gb ram + 4gb gpu, which looks similar, but on forza 3 high details it runs 50fps, forza 4 runs at 100