Question Insane amount of lag in Forza Horizon 4 ?

May 29, 2022
so i have purchased forza horizon 4 on steam. but when i opened it i have a insane amount of lag. during this lag i cant click buttons. i cant find a solution for this. please help

my specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GeForce RTX 3060
RAM: 2x8 GB
SSD: 932 GB
HDD: 1,8 TB

May 29, 2022
so i have purchased forza horizon 4 on steam. but when i opened it i have a insane amount of lag. during this lag i cant click buttons. i cant find a solution for this. please help

my specs are:

it said online to reinstall but i dont want to wait another 5 hours

May 29, 2022
hi, i recently purchased forza horizon 4 but i ran into a problem imidiatly. when i launch the game everything is normal. the branding loadingscreens work. but as soon as i get to the menu with the driving car and stuf. i get an insane amount of lag. so badly i cant even pres options or exit without waiting five minutes to click. but as soon as i switch to my other monitor or open an aplication, it runs smoothly in the background. please help me

my specs are:

yes thats the one
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.),

• restart the pc to bios, then update to the latest bios, after update is done go to bios again and then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled, and prolly wont available on your motherboard settings maybe?), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot.

• Install the latest nvidia driver , and then connect to internet.
  • open cmd as admin, then do defrag (your ssd volume for example C: , if there are others then do the same for other volume) /l /u /v, after that then the same but /o /u /v to your entire ssd volume, then for hdd just do the same for all volume but do /d /o /u /v only, wait till it finishes.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

May 29, 2022
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.),

• restart the pc to bios, then update to the latest bios, after update is done go to bios again and then load default or optimized settings, disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option if you want to (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled, and prolly wont available on your motherboard settings maybe?), then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.03.xx), then reboot.

• Install the latest nvidia driver , and then connect to internet.
  • open cmd as admin, then do defrag (your ssd volume for example C: , if there are others then do the same for other volume) /l /u /v, after that then the same but /o /u /v to your entire ssd volume, then for hdd just do the same for all volume but do /d /o /u /v only, wait till it finishes.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step in orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update). Don't forget to turn on Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling (Nvidia GPUs only) in graphics settings and reboot.

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png
what does this do?

May 29, 2022
"Refreshing" the drivers if you follow step by step, defragging the hdd, retrim the ssd, optimizing both drives. Try it yourself.
ok but i have another question. all of the games on my steam have lag problems. gta v, sea of thieves an forza horizon 4 all have this. not all the same amount of lag but stil lag. games like fortnite and fivem gta dont have any lag at all

yes i did them but i still have lag. and yes i have them on my hdd
i kinda curious if they're on ssd will it solve the problem? just 1 or 2 games and try.

i never had lag on FH4 and any other steam games after doing defrag D: /d /o /u /v (take long time cause i have bunch of stuffs), it just straight up loading my games.

To make sure, currently you're on bios f64b and chipset driver on 4.03.03 (see at control panel > uninstall a program > amd chipset software) right?

idk if this is an acceptable advice but if placing the game to test at ssd and it does work then something might be up for steam games on hdd. i personally love high speed ram for ryzen due to minimalizing their infinity fabric latency.

May 29, 2022
i kinda curious if they're on ssd will it solve the problem? just 1 or 2 games and try.

i never had lag on FH4 and any other steam games after doing defrag D: /d /o /u /v (take long time cause i have bunch of stuffs), it just straight up loading my games.

To make sure, currently you're on bios f64b and chipset driver on 4.03.03 (see at control panel > uninstall a program > amd chipset software) right?

idk if this is an acceptable advice but if placing the game to test at ssd and it does work then something might be up for steam games on hdd. i personally love high speed ram for ryzen due to minimalizing their infinity fabric latency.
i tried the ssd but i still have lag. idk how to check the bios or chipset driver