Question Forza Horizon 4 won't load?

nathanj_15

Reputable
May 26, 2016
I recently updated everything on my computer and I went to open fh4 and it won't open. It will load normally but then when I go and click "continue" it will just freeze on whatever frame it was on when I clicked continue. The only thing that I can think of is, when I was updating geforce experience and fortnite simultaneously I got a notification about my graphics card failing (MSI geforce gtx 1060 3gb ARMOR) and the Epic Games app crashed at the same time. The notification name was "Graphics Card Error" in orange/yellowish text and it said "There is a problem with your graphics card. Please ensure your card meets the minimum system requirements and that you have the latest drivers installed" keep in mind this was while I was updating geforce experience. There was only one button to press on the notification and it just said "OK" so I clicked it and the notification disappeared. I made sure every application was up to date, closed everything that was running and then tried again and again with the same result. (I never had a problem with this specific issue until today)

nathanj_15

Reputable
May 26, 2016
I recently updated everything on my computer and I went to open fh4 and it won't open. It will load normally but then when I go and click "continue" it will just freeze on whatever frame it was on when I clicked continue. The only thing that I can think of is, when I was updating geforce experience and fortnite simultaneously I got a notification about my graphics card failing (MSI geforce gtx 1060 3gb ARMOR) and the Epic Games app crashed at the same time. The notification name was "Graphics Card Error" in orange/yellowish text and it said "There is a problem with your graphics card. Please ensure your card meets the minimum system requirements and that you have the latest drivers installed" keep in mind this was while I was updating geforce experience. There was only one button to press on the notification and it just said "OK" so I clicked it and the notification disappeared. I made sure every application was up to date, closed everything that was running and then tried again and again with the same result. (I never had a problem with this specific issue until today)

UPDATE:
So I went to tasks manager ==>Details==>Analyze Wait Chain I noticed that before I clicked "continue" (from the first start screen where there's just a camera panning around a Mclaren Senna) ForzaHorizon4.exe was waiting for something called a "RuntimeBroker.exe". After I click continue it says ForzaHorizon4.exe is waiting for something called "svchost.exe". FInally after about 3 minutes of it being frozen like that, the wait chain tells me '"ForzaHorizon4.exe is not responding". Once it say not responding the game will say "Unknown Error try again later". I tried turning off the GeForce Experience optimization but with no effect. (I'm running windows 10 btw)

UPDATE 2:
I did some "digging" in the task manger after I ran a virus scan which found nothing. I went back to the wait chain and here is what it says from when the error first starts:

ForzaHorizon4.exe (PID: 23560) Thread: 8100
svchost.exe (PID: 612) Thread: -

I went and found the svchost.exe 612 in details, then right-clicked it, and finally clicked "Go to service(s)". That brought me to these 2 files:

Name: RpcEptMapper PID: 612 Description: RPC Endpoint Mapper Status: Running Group: RPCSS
Name: RpcSs PID: 612 Desctription: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Status: Running Group: rpcss

I know these files are essential but I don't know what they do. I don't have permission to stop or restart them. Keep in mind it will say this for 3-5 minutes before saying "ForzaHorizon4.exe is not responding" in the wait chain. Could anyone help me out I would be so grateful! (If you look at the thread from the fh4.exe file it says 8100 but there is no thread for the svc.exe file)

Last edited:

nathanj_15

Reputable
May 26, 2016

UPDATE:
So I went to tasks manager ==>Details==>Analyze Wait Chain I noticed that before I clicked "continue" (from the first start screen where there's just a camera panning around a Mclaren Senna) ForzaHorizon4.exe was waiting for something called a "RuntimeBroker.exe". After I click continue it says ForzaHorizon4.exe is waiting for something called "svchost.exe". FInally after about 3 minutes of it being frozen like that, the wait chain tells me '"ForzaHorizon4.exe is not responding". Once it say not responding the game will say "Unknown Error try again later". I tried turning off the GeForce Experience optimization but with no effect. (I'm running windows 10 btw)

UPDATE 2:
I did some "digging" in the task manger after I ran a virus scan which found nothing. I went back to the wait chain and here is what it says from when the error first starts:

ForzaHorizon4.exe (PID: 23560) Thread: 8100
svchost.exe (PID: 612) Thread: -

I went and found the svchost.exe 612 in details, then right-clicked it, and finally clicked "Go to service(s)". That brought me to these 2 files:

Name: RpcEptMapper PID: 612 Description: RPC Endpoint Mapper Status: Running Group: RPCSS
Name: RpcSs PID: 612 Desctription: Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Status: Running Group: rpcss

I know these files are essential but I don't know what they do. I don't have permission to stop or restart them. Keep in mind it will say this for 3-5 minutes before saying "ForzaHorizon4.exe is not responding" in the wait chain. Could anyone help me out I would be so grateful! (If you look at the thread from the fh4.exe file it says 8100 but there is no thread for the svc.exe file)

One other thing to note, I tried to access the event viewer but I keep getting an error that says
"C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventvwr.msc
The service cannot accept control messages at this time" The only app that was open when I received that message was Google Chrome

Last edited: