Question Found a broken capacitor in my case. Could it be giving me GPU issues?

Feb 3, 2021
I've been having alot of difficulties with my computer lately and it's always when gaming. I've been replacing parts left and right trying to discover what's wrong with my PC. I've tried a new PSU and a new RAM, nothing worked. I discovered a broke capacitor off motherboard this morning and I mean it was completely detached from the board, I'm not sure how that came to be but when I have been gaming I get strange graphical glitches like green pixels forming on the screen in graphically intensive games like red dead redemption 2 and white pixels forming on the screen aswell and then my computer just reboots itself. Could a broken capacitor be causing GPU failure or does this sound like my GPU is just failing on its own? Appreciate anyone who can give me information on just how important capacitors are on a MOBO and if they are as fatal as I believe they are to be

I've been having alot of difficulties with my computer lately and it's always when gaming. I've been replacing parts left and right trying to discover what's wrong with my PC. I've tried a new PSU and a new RAM, nothing worked. I discovered a broke capacitor off motherboard this morning and I mean it was completely detached from the board, I'm not sure how that came to be but when I have been gaming I get strange graphical glitches like green pixels forming on the screen in graphically intensive games like red dead redemption 2 and white pixels forming on the screen aswell and then my computer just reboots itself. Could a broken capacitor be causing GPU failure or does this sound like my GPU is just failing on its own? Appreciate anyone who can give me information on just how important capacitors are on a MOBO and if they are as fatal as I believe they are to be
Yes of course, they are there for a reason.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS