Found a neat little arcade--pictures

I hope they weren't open for business when you snapped those shots.
That place is a ghost town.

guinness

Wow, no conversions or dead games either.

tim (NH)

"Hans O" <p1001@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Nickelworld in Rockford, IL
>
> http://www.wideopenwest.com/~hosvoll/NICKELWORLD1.JPG
> http://www.wideopenwest.com/~hosvoll/NICKELWORLD2.JPG
> http://www.wideopenwest.com/~hosvoll/NICKELWORLD3.JPG
>
> In addition to the usual redemptions were an unusually large amount of
> classics.
>
> Hans O in Chicago

Looks like a good selection of classics there, and well taken care of
too. We ran across something similar on vacation a couple years back.
There was an arcade that was like stepping back in time. Several B&W
games, and a load of early classics.

Those places are great when you find them!

Mike Doyle

"kilkeeslps@aol.com" <syncbus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Looks like a good selection of classics there, and well taken care of
> too.

That's the first thing that jumped out at me too! They look *nice*.

(That's one downside to having a 'public' arcade-- things *do* get beat on!
Nothing like putting in a new monitor plexi and having some little dickweed
carve his initials into it the same week.)

We've sort of shooting for an "8 out of 10" target for the average game
condition at Ground Kontrol. We have some 9's and 10's and a few 4's and
5's (which we do try to upgrade when time and money is available) and most
fall in between. We try to only bring in games in *better* condition than
what we already have just to keep it from getting run down looking, but
going through everything and "restoring" them 100% (which we'd love to do)
would be horribly expensive and take forever.

-Clay

Replay Magazine just did a story on this place in the newest edition! Owner
is 22 years old...he started working here when he was 14 when Capcom owned
it---and now bought it himself!!

What's the name of the place like this in Omaha, NE
(it's also a coffee house/pizza joint, I believe).
I only paid attention to the arcade, but it was nice,
minus some "unique" colored t-molding here and there.
:)

Scott C.

kilkeeslps@aol.com wrote:
> Looks like a good selection of classics there, and well taken care of
> too. We ran across something similar on vacation a couple years back.
> There was an arcade that was like stepping back in time. Several B&W
> games, and a load of early classics.
>
> Those places are great when you find them!
>
> Mike Doyle

Amen on the taking forever part! A conversion cabinet is a much
better way to go than a stripped down cabinet as long as it has most
of the original parts there.

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:49:54 -0800, "Clay Cowgill"
<c.cowgill@comcast.net> wrote:

>"kilkeeslps@aol.com" <syncbus@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Looks like a good selection of classics there, and well taken care of
>> too.
>
>That's the first thing that jumped out at me too! They look *nice*.
>
>(That's one downside to having a 'public' arcade-- things *do* get beat on!
>Nothing like putting in a new monitor plexi and having some little dickweed
>carve his initials into it the same week.)
>
>We've sort of shooting for an "8 out of 10" target for the average game
>condition at Ground Kontrol. We have some 9's and 10's and a few 4's and
>5's (which we do try to upgrade when time and money is available) and most
>fall in between. We try to only bring in games in *better* condition than
>what we already have just to keep it from getting run down looking, but
>going through everything and "restoring" them 100% (which we'd love to do)
>would be horribly expensive and take forever.
>
>-Clay

Kineplex Systems of Lima, Ohio
http://www.kineplex.com