Question Found a used 750 ti for around 60$

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2019 price of those here was ~$50 and GPU prices have pretty much returned to normal. Locally I see GTX 950 and 960 for $60-65 now which is cheaper than they were then.

For years even these cards that can't mine (only 2GB) had ridiculous used prices only because people were unable to get new cards except at even more ludicrous prices. Thankfully those days are gone.

Pepege

Commendable
Mar 8, 2020
The 2019 price of those here was ~$50 and GPU prices have pretty much returned to normal. Locally I see GTX 950 and 960 for $60-65 now which is cheaper than they were then.

For years even these cards that can't mine (only 2GB) had ridiculous used prices only because people were unable to get new cards except at even more ludicrous prices. Thankfully those days are gone.
Sadly i'm not from the US, it's not that easy to get a gpu here in Europe, i gotta stick with what i can find.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
to the OP

in my opinion, 60 usd is a fair price for a used 750ti. There's a korean second hand pc supplies store near my house.. they sold used 750 ti's for 62 usd each, and the gpu's sold out almost instantly (lol).

anyway, as always.. be careful when buying used gpu. The ones sold by the store in my area have a form of "warranty", they would refund or replace if something went wrong in 3 weeks. You are buying from online? be careful, I assume there's no refund or replace if the used gpu you received is damaged.

Reactions: Pepege

Pepege

Commendable
Mar 8, 2020
to the OP

in my opinion, 60 usd is a fair price for a used 750ti. There's a korean second hand pc supplies store near my house.. they sold used 750 ti's for 62 usd each, and the gpu's sold out almost instantly (lol).

anyway, as always.. be careful when buying used gpu. The ones sold by the store in my area have a form of "warranty", they would refund or replace if something went wrong in 3 weeks. You are buying from online? be careful, I assume there's no refund or replace if the used gpu you received is damaged.
Yep, i'll buy it online from a guy, the thing is, i can go and see the gpu being tested since they guy assured me that it's working well and stuff.

Tac 25

Estimable
Jul 25, 2021
a 750ti is still decent for light to moderate gaming. Still plenty of games you could enjoy with that old thing.

Goodluck, I hope you get a gpu that works fine.

during the gpu crisis, I used a second hand GTX 460 (a little weaker than a 750ti), and it served me well during those dark times. hehe

750Ti is a good card for 720p. My Dell reference version (which I bought at a used computer store for US$5 with 90 day warranty) has a terrible ASIC quality of 67% (so within the lowest 15% of all chips) and had to be undervolted to reach the top of the stock boost table at 1293.5MHz. Apparently the later drivers enforce a rather low 1.187v voltage limit and the stock voltage table went above this after 1150MHz so I had to lower all of the voltages that were above this to go higher. Maxwell BIOS Tweaker was unable to edit the boost table (well it could but then the card won't start with a Code 43) but I figured this was really high enough with the reference orb cooler. Maximum board power at this speed was reported as 47w and it lacks a 6-pin connector, so very power efficient. It was well worth 5 bucks even if this is one of the worst examples of a 750Ti.

It is not really suitable for use with a 4k TV as it's only HDMI 1.4 which lacks the bandwidth (the driver does automatically lower color quality at 4k60 but some odd things flicker) though it can hardware accelerate H.264 in 4k (H.265 decode is only hardware assist). I think you'd want at least a card good for 1080p gaming on a 4k TV as well since that scales perfectly.

Pepege

Commendable
Mar 8, 2020
750Ti is a good card for 720p. My Dell reference version (which I bought at a used computer store for US$5 with 90 day warranty) has a terrible ASIC quality of 67% (so within the lowest 15% of all chips) and had to be undervolted to reach the top of the stock boost table at 1293.5MHz. Apparently the later drivers enforce a rather low 1.187v voltage limit and the stock voltage table went above this after 1150MHz so I had to lower all of the voltages that were above this to go higher. Maxwell BIOS Tweaker was unable to edit the boost table (well it could but then the card won't start with a Code 43) but I figured this was really high enough with the reference orb cooler. Maximum board power at this speed was reported as 47w and it lacks a 6-pin connector, so very power efficient. It was well worth 5 bucks even if this is one of the worst examples of a 750Ti.

It is not really suitable for use with a 4k TV as it's only HDMI 1.4 which lacks the bandwidth (the driver does automatically lower color quality at 4k60 but some odd things flicker) though it can hardware accelerate H.264 in 4k (H.265 decode is only hardware assist). I think you'd want at least a card good for 1080p gaming on a 4k TV as well since that scales perfectly.
That's why i want to get it tbh, is a decent gpu for light gaming, which sadly, my gpu is not capable of

Pepege

Commendable
Mar 8, 2020
a 750ti is still decent for light to moderate gaming. Still plenty of games you could enjoy with that old thing.

Goodluck, I hope you get a gpu that works fine.

during the gpu crisis, I used a second hand GTX 460 (a little weaker than a 750ti), and it served me well during those dark times. hehe
Hopefully i'll find something, cause my curent gpu is an ancient 620 which can't even play old old games.

750Ti is actually quite a bit faster for gaming than the GDDR5 GT1030 (which has a narrow 64-bit memory bus). The GT1030 though has HDMI 2.0b and can fully hardware decode 4k videos in H264, H265 and VP9 so is better for HTPC.

The 740 Keplers are even slower and driver support ended last year. Still better than 620 Fermi which ended driver support in 2018, but the used price is too close to Maxwell

Reactions: Tac 25

emitfudd

Honorable
Apr 9, 2017
My first GPU I bought for gaming was a 750Ti. Still using it in my backup PC today. It has low power requirements and I played Skyrim and Witcher 3 with this card with no problems. It also runs really cool. I would buy it. I paid way more than $60 for it back in 2016 or so.

DSzymborski

Titan
But why don't u just give the verdict if it's worth or not, that's what my post is about, not about how easy is to get a gpu

The ease of getting a GPU affects what a fair price of a GPU is, so yes, it's very relevant. Details like country are also very important. It's hard to give a judgment without the crucial information that would affect that judgment.

In any case, the screenshot doesn't really say much of importance.

Pepege

Commendable
Mar 8, 2020
750Ti is actually quite a bit faster for gaming than the GDDR5 GT1030 (which has a narrow 64-bit memory bus). The GT1030 though has HDMI 2.0b and can fully hardware decode 4k videos in H264, H265 and VP9 so is better for HTPC.

The 740 Keplers are even slower and driver support ended last year. Still better than 620 Fermi which ended driver support in 2018, but the used price is too close to Maxwell
Ight, imma keep looking for 750 ti then, thank u

Status
Not open for further replies.