[SOLVED] Found electric hottub motor

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018
So my neighbours moved and the new people that are moving in are renovating. They took out the bath, which had a electric motor strapped to it, completely working! I saw this thing in the waste container next to the street... and immediately took it.

Just some quick questions:
  1. Is 0,5 hp enough to make my own electric go-kart or e-bike?
  2. Can this thing be powered by a car battery (and I assume a full-bridge rectifier, since it's an AC motor)?
  3. If I end up not using it, how much can I possibly charge for this thing when selling it?

Pictures with info below:
Whats-App-Image-2020-03-14-at-17-21-32.jpg
Whats-App-Image-2020-03-14-at-17-21-31.jpg

Solution
"Better" is relative.

Mostly a matter of you, priorities and, trade-offs.

Are you really able to get to the project and start working?

If you have the time, the inclination, some level of the necessary skills, the tools, and space to work - could be a fun project or otherwise some sort of learning experience.

And pursuing the project will likely incur other expenses even if you can scrounge up various parts and pieces.

On the other hand if you already have a lot of undone projects, pending repairs, and so forth then sell the unit and put the funds to other purposes.

Overall, I think that the answer to your ending question is "yes".

Ralston18

Titan
"Better" is relative.

Mostly a matter of you, priorities and, trade-offs.

Are you really able to get to the project and start working?

If you have the time, the inclination, some level of the necessary skills, the tools, and space to work - could be a fun project or otherwise some sort of learning experience.

And pursuing the project will likely incur other expenses even if you can scrounge up various parts and pieces.

On the other hand if you already have a lot of undone projects, pending repairs, and so forth then sell the unit and put the funds to other purposes.

Overall, I think that the answer to your ending question is "yes".

Solution