Four ATX Cases For High-Capacity Water Cooling, Reviewed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have put the rad in the bottom of the Cosmos II by removing the HDD trays. Seems like it should fit there.

Also, Swiftech makes a sweet kit although I can't imagine the size of the triple rad. Using the Edge 220 myself, love it. Fits in my Antec 900 II.

G

[citation][nom]wolfram23[/nom]Should have put the rad in the bottom of the Cosmos II by removing the HDD trays. Seems like it should fit there.Also, Swiftech makes a sweet kit although I can't imagine the size of the triple rad. Using the Edge 220 myself, love it. Fits in my Antec 900 II.[/citation]
The Cosmos II only accepts a 2 X 120 rad in the HDD compartment. Its too bad that toms wasn't able to complete the build in the cosmos II. Maybe within the end of the year, Cooler Master will introduce the Cosmos S II and fix all those enthusiast complains that i read.

theuniquegamer

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
The Nzxt switch 810 is a good overall case. Too bad they can't fit the rad to cosmos ii . May be they should try the svgtech h80 triple rad air cooler .

theuniquegamer

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
The Nzxt switch 810 is a good overall case. Too bad they can't fit the rad to cosmos ii . May be they should try the svgtech h80 triple rad air cooler .

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]theuniquegamer[/nom]The Nzxt switch 810 is a good overall case. Too bad they can't fit the rad to cosmos ii . May be they should try the svgtech h80 triple rad air cooler .[/citation]Guys, I'm collecting suggestions for future uses of the left-over Cosmos II.
1.) Yes it supports STANDARD 3-fan radiators. It just couldn't be compared to other cases if it had a different cooling system.
2.) It can probably also be MODIFIED to fit the radiator used in the article.

So, do you have a custom system suggestion? or are you looking for a modification article? Like I said, I'm taking suggestions. Thanks!

EzioAs

Distinguished
For the Cosmos II, try doing a full build with a standard 360 rad in the top and a 240 rad in the bottom compartment with a 3960X cpu and 2 LCS 7970 from powercolor to show the lowest temps and highest overclock on custom watercooling build. Maybe do an extreme build guide or something like that with the cosmos II. Just a suggestion

koogco

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
It seems a bit silly to use a rad with bits tagged on the end, since most good cases would be designed without those bits in mind. I can see the apeal of using something that is almost like closed loop, but using one of the optical-bay resevoirs with built in pump might have put you fairly close aswell.
I would like to see what else you can do with the Cosmos II, perhaps a 240+360rad built with just that case as others suggested.

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
i hope there are more lc articles to come and this is sort of a test run for toms because it was overwhelmingly mediocre. Watercooling is about customization, its supposed to take more time, effort and creativity than air cooling. This swiftech kit is an oversized and slightly more complicated closed loop all-in-one. It's not "high-capacity watercooling".
I don't mind articles like this but it should be called "entry-level watercooling" or "watercooling simplified". Kinda got my hopes up and then dropped them. But if there's more to come, i can wait.

theuniquegamer

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Why my post is showed two times but i posted it one time. The CM cosmos ii should have modular bays for different size radiator of LCs. Because if someone invests >350$ on a cabbi he wants it to be ultimate than other cabinets both in performance,design and also compatibily to any kind of cpu cooler(large size cpu air coolers)

if you don't like than don't buy....no one is forcing you...

greenrider02

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
[citation][nom]stefpats[/nom]you quit your testing cause your radiator didn't fit? what kind of crap is that? are you even aware how many options are out there for buyers?i m sure anyone who s modding a cosmos 2 would fit almost anything in it.i don't uderstand why you posting this crap instead of giving us a full test.pure fail.[/citation]

I don't know if you've had to have testing legitimized, but in the real world the fact that something doesn't work to qualify it for testing doesn't mean you come out with some other solution for it. It gets neglected for this test, and gets a zero for the results. Maybe another test will vindicate it, but you can't adjust midway through, that would be a testing fail.

koogco

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
[citation][nom]pacioli[/nom]I am impressed by the NZXT. Great functionality and certainly a unique look.[/citation]
It is quite nice. Not warming to white cases yet though.
It has one oddity by the way, the entire front (and bottom I think) is dust filteret, except for one corner, with the sloped design in the front, which is not dustfiltered at all.

andywork78

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
I just love with this case.

I purchase it 3/11/2012 from Fry's.

After tax it was $377.

However...

I saw many user install fan at side door.

How to install a fan??

Do i have to remove dust filter?

re-play-

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2007
[citation][nom]pacioli[/nom]I am impressed by the NZXT. Great functionality and certainly a unique look.[/citation]

lol that case is ugly as hell

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]slicedtoad[/nom]i hope there are more lc articles to come and this is sort of a test run for toms because it was overwhelmingly mediocre. Watercooling is about customization, its supposed to take more time, effort and creativity than air cooling. This swiftech kit is an oversized and slightly more complicated closed loop all-in-one. It's not "high-capacity watercooling".I don't mind articles like this but it should be called "entry-level watercooling" or "watercooling simplified". Kinda got my hopes up and then dropped them. But if there's more to come, i can wait.[/citation]This was a case comparison, not a cooling article. Test consistency was the major objective. And you'll have to prove that there's a performance problem with Swiftech's pump if you're going to claim it has entry-level performance.
[citation][nom]re-play-[/nom]where is the Corsair 600T white?[/citation]
Here?
http://www.corsair.com/pc-cases/graphite-series-pc-case/special-edition-white-graphite-series-600t-mid-tower-case.html
Too bad it doesn't qualify for the article!

Device Unknown

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Didn't we just see this article like 2 weeks ago? i still maintain that the Fusion 4000 is the best water cooling chassis at the best price. Take a look at it here http://deviceunknown.com/?p=1300
It's $250.00 for the chassis.
We're modding the hell out of this thing with 3 loops 480 rads, 2 PC's and a lot more. Then again I have not had the chance to review the Cosmos II though. Going to take a lot to dethrone the azza at $350.00

Status
Not open for further replies.