Four Overclocked GeForce GTX 580 Cards, Rounded Up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bhtechmech

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
I want 3-way SLI but is the 580 really worth the price? I mean the 460 is still being sold on Nvidia and they have more options for it than when I bought it. I thinks its their Best Value card for the Money. 3-way SLI with 460 2GB will burn 1 580 GPU, Im sorry plus the Heat and power those 580's take.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]hardcore_gamer[/nom]Two GTX570s cost only $580. It is a way better option than an overclocked GTX580 imo.[/citation]

There are still quite a few games that do not work well with multi-card setups, there are still more issues with SLI and Crossfire in games that do make use of more than one card than single-card solutions, and there is more to the cost of these kinds of setups than just the price of the video cards. It takes more power (meaning a potentially more expensive PSU) and a capable mainboard to handle 2 video cards, not to mention room in the case. You are also cherry-picking bottom priced cards.

There is more to consider, as always, than what the numbers will show you on paper in a vacuum.

;)

verbalizer

Distinguished

and too also look at it like this:
always start out with one single strongest card you can get.
you if you can afford 2-570's then I'd just by a single 580.
then work on SLI the 580 for the next round of upgrades.
either save the money left over and/or spend it on other hardware like adding SSD or something.
so sure starting out 2-570's beats a single 580, no brainer.
but in the long run, the single 580 is a better option especially starting out...
my point of view..

G

Im confused, what was the setting they used for crysis 2, cause on the first one it said ultra and dx11&Hi-res Text. But on the second it said High setting no AA no AF dx11&Hi res text?

onontoto

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
shoot out here than the twin razor since your using the Zotac 3GB version. Does not really make since when you think of overclocked GTX 580 to leave that
g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.