Foxconn CEO Accused of Tax Evasion

Status
Not open for further replies.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
Terry Tai-Ming Gou, sometimes written as Terry Guo, (traditional Chinese: 郭台銘; pinyin: Guō Táimíng) (born October 8, 1950) is a Taiwanese tycoon who leads Hon Hai Precision, a company that manufactures electronics on contract for other companies.

He isn't American... IRS can't do shit.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]He isn't American... IRS can't do shit.[/citation]Please, research this before you make asinine comments like this one. Talking with your ass does not make you intelligent.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Please, research this before you make asinine comments like this one. Talking with your ass does not make you intelligent.[/citation]

Well...
He is not a USA resident nor a US citizen... The company he heads up is located in Tu-Cheng, Taiwan. Why exactly would he owe the IRS (USA) anything? He certainly wouldn’t pay American taxes.

In Taiwan it seems they have a “National Tax Administration” which is NOT called IRS… in fact there is no IRS in Taiwan.

Here in Canada we have the Canada Revenue Agency, the equivalent to the USA’s IRS… It is not the same.

Since I am talkin out my ass, provide me a link to the Taiwan IRS. At least back up your replies with some evidence.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]7amood[/nom]just more reasons to boycott the suspicious company...[/citation]

Hon Hai Precision Mtd. is actually one of the largest corporations in the world. Their revenue alone is almost on the scale of Dell, and employ more than FMC does. They are practically numero uno of electronic OEM, and the second is not even one third of their scale. It's good to know that finally there is a Taiwan-based company became so big that it becomes loathful.

[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Well... He is not a USA resident nor a US citizen... [/citation]

Almost all prominent Taiwanese business people have green card, or are citizens of the US. They employ certain number of US citizens in CONTUS, so why not get a investment immigration status? Some already fled to the US after being prosecuted for corruption in Taiwan.

athreex

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2008
Let's not get ourselves away from the topic. This guy owes a LOT of money. But he might out of this unharmed. Considering he's CEO, he might what it takes to pay that debt and maybe more.

haha! If that happens to some John Doe on this side, you'll be quite screwed. Your options will be: sell your soul, sell your ass. :)

raabscuttle

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Boycott, are you nuts? You like that "eVGA" video card? That "Intel" motherboard? That "Apple" iPhone? All Foxconn made. Just who are you going to boycott?

raabscuttle

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Boycott, are you nuts? You like that "eVGA" video card? That "Intel" motherboard? That "Apple" iPhone? Your Wii, Play Station or XBox 360? All Foxconn made. Just who are you going to boycott?

G

@raabscuttle

Actually I happen to use none of those things. Not that I'm purposely boycotting Foxconn or anything, I just prefer Sapphire or MSI for graphics cards, AMD motherboards and nothing Apple.

raabscuttle

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
@Ronen

Yup, Foxconn makes plenty of AMD motherboards also. Sapphire is PC Partner (a large Hong Kong conglomerate). MSI is well, MSI. They may not be made by Foxconn, but I can bet that they use Foxconn components (such as I/O connectors). Hong Kong, Taiwan and China are just one big happy (though sometimes dysfunctional) family (sort of like HP, Apple and Dell all using the same laptop manufacturers and components)...

Status
Not open for further replies.