Foxconn: Employee Suicide Had It Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

starhoof

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
So apple stuff is made by foxcon.... dosent apple claims that parts are made by them also "parts and software are both made by apple, so they work together" hmmmm.... so OS is only different think in their computers, they just charging a sh!tload for those crappy parts ???

omnimodis78

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2008
They gave Danyong's girlfriend an Apple MacBook, so I don't see what the problem is. MY GOD! Somebody at foxconn had to come up with a plan to compensate the girlfriend, and the best thing they could come up with was a cheap macbook. Isn't that insulting? Imagine you died as a result of mental stress from work, and your company gave your significant other a laptop. Oh, this World.... For all that it's worth, I hope this gentleman has found peace, and that his family and loved ones can remain strong and get through this.

konenavi

Distinguished
May 1, 2009
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]They gave Danyong's girlfriend an Apple MacBook, so I don't see what the problem is. MY GOD! Somebody at foxconn had to come up with a plan to compensate the girlfriend, and the best thing they could come up with was a cheap macbook. Isn't that insulting? Imagine you died as a result of mental stress from work, and your company gave your significant other a laptop. Oh, this World.... For all that it's worth, I hope this gentleman has found peace, and that his family and loved ones can remain strong and get through this.[/citation]
Welcome to the reason I dislike Apple.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
And why are we supposed to think Microsoft is evil and Apple good? Yes, I know this is Foxconn, but by Apple using them - it's condoning this type of thug-like behavior.

shadowtech

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Given China's huge market for knock-off products, doesn't it seem a little curious that we now know this guy had an actual history of "losing" products before as well?

My theory is he was leaking Foxconn manufactured products to those to make the fakes, and when he did so with one of Apple's prototypes he was finally "suicided" off his balcony due to his actions.

And now the press is being warned not to talk to his family? Perhaps they view the situation differently? The official version of this story is fishy.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Also, isn't there speculation that Foxconn employees murdered Danyong by throwing him off his balcony? That's what I feel happened. I don't think he committed suicide. He just happened to jump off his balcony after they kicked down his door and ripped his apartment apart, right.

joesapp37

Distinguished
May 15, 2009
So apple stuff is made by foxcon.... dosent apple claims that parts are made by them also "parts and software are both made by apple, so they work together" hmmmm.... so OS is only different think in their computers, they just charging a sh!tload for those crappy parts ???

foxconn makes a lot of components for other companies too not just apple, check the back back panel of your motherboard. You'd be surprised.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]brendano257[/nom]MacBook to compensate for his life? That's great.[/citation]

"Oh we're sorry we kil... uhh.. your boyfriend committed suicide, here take this Macbook as a sign of our condolences."

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
The Mafia-style control and management is common around Chinese societies. Part of the reasons for that is due to lack of transparency in legal system of PRC. PRC is also run by commies Mafia-style. If you are an "useful" individual, then you'd likely be contacted by some Mafia-like entities who offers you a deal that you can't refuse.

One Chinese philosopher wrote that the Tao of survival is to be useless, and he wrote that down 2500 years ago.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]shadowtech[/nom]Given China's huge market for knock-off products, doesn't it seem a little curious that we now know this guy had an actual history of "losing" products before as well?My theory is he was leaking Foxconn manufactured products to those to make the fakes, and when he did so with one of Apple's prototypes he was finally "suicided" off his balcony due to his actions.And now the press is being warned not to talk to his family? Perhaps they view the situation differently? The official version of this story is fishy.[/citation]

Don't drink the kool-aid that Apple and friends are offering...

christop

Distinguished
This is wack... What the hell??? F you foxcon I know you are criminals.. If the guy would just leave new stuff around why did you guys let him hold on to it.... STUPID on your part... I would say they pulled some gangster actions on this man.. You suck balls and I will never buy your products... A HUGE FU TO YOU....

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I would be interested in seeing the Chinese government hanging a few corrupt Foxconn execs, if it is found that their employees murdered Danyong.

pwndcake

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2008
Sun Danyong's girlfriend was in the market for a computer that was worth as much as a human life. We told her - you find it, you keep it.

nonxcarbonx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Not only do they make cruddy motherboards (i wish I didn't get the Renaissance), they're not too keen on employee relations. I hadn't planned on buying their gear after my MB/poor bios experience w/ them, but now I think I can be pretty sure I'm not getting their hardware again.

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
[citation][nom]pwndcake[/nom]Sun Danyong's girlfriend was in the market for a computer that was worth as much as a human life. We told her - you find it, you keep it.[/citation]

I am going to hell for chuckling at that.

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
I didn't make myself clear in the last post. I know someone who works in Foxconn, and their internal management is harsh and brutal, just like every other Taiwanese OEMs. However, they don't go out and punish people for no reason. There are many trade secrets which they need to protect, and others want to steal. Although it looks like Foxconn is the one to be blamed, and reality might be even more sinister than it looks. A lot "fake" or "bandit" products in China were made by no other than front companies of PLA.

war2k9

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
[citation][nom]konenavi[/nom]Welcome to the reason I dislike Apple.[/citation]

By the way foxconn make xbox 360 for microsoft, mow you say " that is why i dislike microsoft too.

xyzionz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Well...A Chinese in china is actually one out of 1.3 Billion Chinese...
Nobody ever cares your life in China, that's the truth
I've seen TRUE picture which some small village in china actually KILLS and EATS
young women, and is consider a NORMAL tradition in that particular village and they even allow pictures taken when the girl is slaughtered, they slaughter the girl like slaughtering a chicken, and the MAIN reason they started to slaughter young girls and women to eat IS they're bored with pork, beef, chicken or whatever..and nothing SEEMS to be done over there...

PM me for the pictures if you want

Status
Not open for further replies.