Foxconn: Employee Suicide Had It Coming

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
I believe the FBI should investigate how culpable Apple is in this person's death. If Apple requested harsh treatment of people working on their products overseas, then they are in a lot of trouble with the United States Government, even if China refuses to do its job. Of course, we can expect China to be complete forthcoming with all information we need to formulate an informed opinion.

Dustpuppy

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]" “Several times he had some products missing, then he got them back,” Said James Lee, General Manager of Foxconn's China operations.“We don’t know who took the product, but it was at his stop.”Foxconn also denied beating Danyong, and claimed that the interrogation officer merely put his hand on Danyong's shoulders after becoming angry with the late employee." 1.. ok the guy has shit go missign all the time , well simpel you FIRE his ass , you dont drag him into interrogation and treat him like a criminal , he is obviously NOt stealing the products sicne this ahs ocurred more than once and he returned/found things in the past. 2. i don't give a flying fuck who you are or think you are , unless you are a wearing a CITY/STATE/FEDERAL appointed badge (aka a cop or federal agent), YOU DONT PUT YOUR HANDS ON AN INDIVIDUAL CITIZEN IN ANY THREATENING MANNER, PERIOD. if i was this guy THINGS WOULD have goten MAJORLY FUCKING VIOLENT when that ass hole touched my person as if he was some kind of cop. wehn all he was as some hopped up asshole coperate office who has NO real authorative power. 3. if i was his girl freind i would have sent that macbook back to them witha note telling them to shove it up thier ass ,a laptop computer is not any kind of compensation for a human life. fucking corperate scum , i hope this company goes under big time[/citation]

Happened in China. From what I gather, you wouldn't even want to post what you just wrote if you lived there.

xophaser

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2007
[citation][nom]pwndcake[/nom]Sun Danyong's girlfriend was in the market for a computer that was worth as much as a human life. We told her - you find it, you keep it.[/citation]

I am still laughing at this one, but yes it is sad. For some reason I think China is on Foxcomm side on this issues. China needs to treat people as lives not numbers and the US consumers should pay more for electonics. Ummh, I don't think things will change anytime soon.

This is going to be a Chinesse movies in the near future and the audience would go wow, companies paid Triad to kill someone and made it look like a suicide?

KT_WASP

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Employee Suicide Had It Coming

What?

What did he have coming??

I don't understand this title at all. Is Tom's suggesting that he deserved to commit suicide over a stupid i-Phone??

How does someone who commits suicide "Have it coming" anyway? That phrase makes no sense. If it was a situation like " Foxconn employee goes to jail over technology theft".. then yes, he had that coming to him.. but suicide ??

wayneepalmer

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
No KT - Foxconn said the employee had it coming.

Welcome to business in China. A Chinese citizen rebels against the company (usually owned by someone connected to the government or the Army), the government itself, or some local powerful hack who is trying to take his or her property or intimidate them into something - and they get thrown out a window or something similar.

They have a little different (and very literal) view on the whole "hit the road jack" bit over there.

G

I'm never buying any foxconn|apple products again. 40k for life. what a fuckcon company.

coopchennick

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
First off, lets get this straight: I think that obviously Foxconn didn't handle this how it should have been. But damn everyone here is acting as though the CEO personally murdered the guy.

Boycott all Foxconn products? good idea...

The interrogation officer definitely shouldn't have touched the employee but by judging from the quotes in the article, the title suggesting that Foxconn thinks the guy deserved death is totally misleading.

Besides, it is entirely possible that the employee had many many other things going on in his life that led him to this. At least until the investigation reports come out, I'm withholding judgement.

G

"Sun Danyong's girlfriend was in the market for a computer that was worth as much as a human life. We told her - you find it, you keep it."

lmao. That one's going in my archive XD

Seriously, though. I tend to agree with those that think it's all a Triad cover-up for stolen trade secrets (at least it's more interesting to think of it that way.) However, I'm not surprised since that's pretty much the way things go in East Asia. Even the Japanese have their Yakuza.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]omnimodis78[/nom]They gave Danyong's girlfriend an Apple MacBook, so I don't see what the problem is. MY GOD! Somebody at foxconn had to come up with a plan to compensate the girlfriend, and the best thing they could come up with was a cheap macbook. Isn't that insulting? [/citation]
Wait till she gets the Bill.....

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Foxconn also produces stuff for Dell, HP, Sony(PS2-3), Nintendo, and the Xbox 360. So Apple is not the only one.

Looks like i'll keep my conscience clear by building my own computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.