Foxconn Employees Get 20 Percent Pay Raise

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

curtains

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]The base monthly salary at the Longhua plant is Rmb950 ($140) but staff said they made almost Rmb2,000 a month including overtime.A whopping $140 a month... that wouldn't even pay my cell/data card bill...[/citation]

you don't live in China obviously, they have different living expenses, 950rmb a month is not much, but you can't compare what you pay in America to what they pay in china, like you can pick up a can of coke for like 1rmb there, doesn't mean you can buy a can of coke for the equivalent in America.

helmutcheese

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
@ elusion11, I am not judging your country but you do sound jealous of others western counties !

Its not our fault that your country stayed backwards for many decades after us when you had a head start same as most eastern or Arab countries where we now know great empires lived even 1000's of years BC but due to the fact they cannot stop fighting each other they destroyed each other.

And BTW I am not in USA as that's also not a very old country with little history.

I have no real need to understand your country as I have no interest in ever going there.

elusion11

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
@ Helmutcheese

Do you realize you have just contradicted yourself, if you have absolutely no interest in whatever is going on here, why did you bother reading this thread, actually, why even bother replying my post?

You are exactly the types of narrow minded people I was referring to, you are oblivious to anything happening outside of your bubble, and when you do speak, you have this sense of self-centered egotism about you that seems to justify anything you say.

I have absolutely no interest to turn this into a 'my country vs your country' debate, for you to put it this way just goes to show your ignorance and immaturity. let me tell you that I am in no way jealous of "other western nations", nor did I suggest this train of thought in my posts, I have no idea where you dug that up. All I wanted was to make it clear (however futile) for ignoramus like yourself understand the situation.

Now before I finish, let me remind you that next time before you post, please check your facts, I find it quite embarrassing for a "foreigner" to teach you history about your own civilization - "what? we cannot stop fighting and destroy each other" LOL???! I don't know what grade you are in, but maybe I should refresh you on some grade 4 history lessons. maybe you just happened to forgot about the 2 world wars you guys had, and perhaps I needn't to bring in the American or Spanish civil war, or the Napoleon war, the list goes on, just please, don't embarrass yourself next time. I'm tired of talking to idiots like you.

Dude, I thought Foxconn made the vast majority of MOBO sockets out there.

Could be wrong thou/

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]samwelaye[/nom]they do that drastic of a raise and OBVIOUSLY the prices of their components go up. higher prices mean people buy less and the company doesnt make a good profit. use some logic before demanding wage increases. a business is a business, theyre not there to better the lives of the working people. its a fact of life, thats how its always been[/citation]

Who was demanding? read a post and comment back appropriately, it was a suggestion not a demand.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006

That's why I wrote that I can minimize the amount of Foxconn in my PC, instead of eliminate it.

TBH, I'm not sure that there's a computer out there that Foxconn hasn't got some sort of part in. But I can do some study and still make a choice of what companies I support, unlike with a Mac or console*

*No, I'm not inciting a flame war, I'm merely stating facts. Whether anyone likes it or not is irrelevant.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Just a thought... Led and or Mercury poisoning can lead to Schizophrenia/Depression and behavioral disorders. It can literally drive you mad (and suicidal).

These people are working extremely long hours and exposed to led and possibly mercury.

They may want to check into that.

tharkis842

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
If it were me working there, i think id just be pissed off. My co-workers commit suicide and the company offers a "20%" pay increase..not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS