Foxconn: We Can't Meet iPhone 5 Production Demands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gundam288

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Where is the demand coming from? Consumers or Apple? I think it's coming from Apple and not the consumer, but maybe that's just me over thinking it.

(keep in mind apple needs spares for replacements and etc.)

RealJames

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
[citation][nom]Cats_Paw[/nom]Call me cynical, but i think this is just a way to advertise the iphone. If they could not do it, there would not be an iphone 5, since there is, they surely can.[/citation]

+1 that comment
big advertisement
marginally "news"

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Didn't they do time-and-motion studies on assembling these devices to come up with an estimate of how much they can do in a month? They did not say they could not do the iphones but only that they can't do them fast enough to meet the big demand.

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
[citation][nom]Cats_Paw[/nom]Call me cynical, but i think this is just a way to advertise the iphone. If they could not do it, there would not be an iphone 5, since there is, they surely can.[/citation]
Lol, as if iPhone 5 needs that kind of advertising. It's Microsoft and Surface that have to pretend their crap device is sold out, Apple has a solid track record of coming out with consumer devices that customers want to buy. They don't have to prove anything to anybody.

clubsaucekiller

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
[citation][nom]Gundam288[/nom]Where is the demand coming from? Consumers or Apple? I think it's coming from Apple and not the consumer, but maybe that's just me over thinking it.(keep in mind apple needs spares for replacements and etc.)[/citation]
I'm afraid the "shipped, not sold" reports are the domain of the Android manufacturers.

Fabel

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2004
For a few weeks now I bypass most of the Apple "news" and just check one every now and then just to see if again is another Zak Islam waste of time.

I like Apple news, when there really are news. Sadly once more here it is, ZI. After so many years of Tom's I'm getting tired.

krowbar

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Fabel[/nom]For a few weeks now I bypass most of the Apple "news" and just check one every now and then just to see if again is another Zak Islam waste of time.I like Apple news, when there really are news. Sadly once more here it is, ZI. After so many years of Tom's I'm getting tired.[/citation]
Zak iSlam may be more appropriate then?

besplatan

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]It's Microsoft and Surface that have to pretend their crap device is sold out[/citation]

They're not pretending any more, all models are back in stock at Microsoft Store. It was a painfully transparent ploy to make developers think people are buying Metro devices. I guess Microsoft ran out of sheep pretty quickly.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Yes, I'm sure the iPhone 5 is such an advanced maze of parts that Even YuGiOh couldn't solve this puzzle. It couldn't have anything to do with whiny Foxconn workers trying to get more raises. It certainly wouldn't be an attempt to make their product seem advanced in the storm of complaints from Apple zealots starting to come down from the kool aid and realize they don't need a new Idevice every 6 months. It's probably not overblowing the fact that they have to adjust to learning how to build every new device they make. Nope, it's just a terrible and needlessly complicated design for a product that lacks as many ports and parts as it's competition offers.

Pst, BTW Foxconn workers, might want to complain less. Those robots look more and more tempting for management every day.

arnoldlouie

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I guess they're already making iphone 5s/5g/6 or something or maybe a lot of people are hoarding iphone5 since its revolutionary or whatever..and iphone 4s is so much outdated... The added screen size really makes it worth it... Makes you want to throw your old iphone away... If I had an iphone5 and apple came up with a larger screen maybe 1 cm bigger..I'd buy that.. whahaha..makes me wonder how some people complain about money and has the newest iphone or mac.. or any apple product..

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]Lol, as if iPhone 5 needs that kind of advertising. It's Microsoft and Surface that have to pretend their crap device is sold out, Apple has a solid track record of coming out with consumer devices that customers want to buy. They don't have to prove anything to anybody.[/citation]

They need to prove their stock holders that their products are still "hot", they need to prove to their cult of followers that their products are still "wannable".

My gf and brother recently dump their iToys, haha.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Fabel[/nom]For a few weeks now I bypass most of the Apple "news" and just check one every now and then just to see if again is another Zak Islam waste of time.I like Apple news, when there really are news. Sadly once more here it is, ZI. After so many years of Tom's I'm getting tired.[/citation]

TH is amused by all of the iHaters that flock to Apple articles. Thought yall would have figured this out by now...lol.

Heard reports that Foxconn Management is actually allowing US companies into their factories to show how they manufacture products. They (Foxconn) say US will never manufacturer like China since the US has been doing it for so long. Why not manufacture more in Mexico? Would be nice but I think the main issue is no where in the World has the talent pool that China has when it comes to strong manufacturing skills. Its been integrated in that region for many years now.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
This world is so LuLzy. Astronomical national debts, inflation increasing at breakneck speed, several countries (Greece, Spain, Ireland) totally under water, $1 Trillion plus annual deficit spending alone here in America and the Chinese can't satisfy our apparently insatiable demand for our near now purely consumerism society. What a Brave New World.

Status
Not open for further replies.