Fps and gameplay is inconsistent

RedPanda_2

Honorable
Jul 9, 2017
ok so my fps has been inconsistant for a while for some reason i don't get much more than 200 fps in cs:go and instead of keeping around a 10 fps difference it can go from 170 to 250 in a matter of a second which makes gameplay really iritating and in some games if i have it set on capped 60fps it looks like garbage lagging and stuttering but a constant 59-60fps

i was wondering which would help more would it be better to wait 1-2 years for some new better gpus since 2x980s can compete with a 1080 in some cases, that or i buy either a 1080ti or i5/i7 coffee lake proccesor i think maybe the i5 since it won't get so hot my room will heat faster than a copper pipe under a led lamp. if i buy the 1080ti will the proccesor bottleneck and if i buy one of the proccesors i need to buy a mother board and i only have the money to either buy the cpu or the gpu.

i 2x980s
and an i7 4790k on constant turbo beacuse they gave me the computer like that
16gb ram
and windows 10

Why are you so sure that changing the gpu will have any effect?
I'm pretty sure it won't!You can try it out,just lower the resolution and quality to the lowest and check out what happens.
Your problem is either due to sli,you can try disabling one card and see if that makes a difference,or it's game specific,cs:go for one doesn't like hyperthreading try disabling it for that game.

RedPanda_2

Honorable
Jul 9, 2017

I'l try it out

RedPanda_2

Honorable
Jul 9, 2017

what did you set it to?