FPS and Sound Issues - New Mobo/Ram/GPU/CPU

Reeses007

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, my apologies in advance if it is. Yesterday I spent like 12 hours trying to figure this out with no luck and I'm still totally lost. Basically, I'm just getting insane FPS stuttering and my sound is extremely distorted and stuttering as well. I did a complete FRESH install of windows 10, so I came into a totally blank slate. I've updated all my drivers. I'm unbelievably frustrated and totally lost at this point, I've NEVER experienced problems as much as I have with this new hardware.

Specs:
Mobo: MSI Z270 M3
Graphics Card: MSI GTX 1080
CPU: Intel i7-7700k
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16)
PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G3

Solution
Alright well apparently I figured out the issue. I guess, for whatever reason my sound drivers weren't installing correctly. I decided to manually get the drivers off of MSI's website for my mobo and that fixed the issue. Figured I'd go ahead and post this in case anyone runs into this problem. The Live Update App must've not correctly installed the audio drivers?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Hard to say what it is, i suggest diagnosing parts starting with your memory at least, trying each stick separately.

How soon coming from a clean install? Check hdd activity and Windows updates isn't updating whilst you're trying to game.

Reeses007

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Alright well apparently I figured out the issue. I guess, for whatever reason my sound drivers weren't installing correctly. I decided to manually get the drivers off of MSI's website for my mobo and that fixed the issue. Figured I'd go ahead and post this in case anyone runs into this problem. The Live Update App must've not correctly installed the audio drivers?

Solution

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Good stuff, glad you got it solved.

I suppose theres a chance the app might not have installed the driver properly you'd could only guess reasons for. When it comes to drivers and apps that update drivers, Window's automated driver updates can be a pain.