FPS Bouncing only on cs and lol but not not Battlefield 1 or Gta V

csandreas1

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017
My gpu (Rx 460 ) is not always at 100% of usage on cs and lol causing gpu usage and fps bouncing. On the other hand, i can play gta v and battlefield 1 on ultra settings with 50-60 stable fps and gpu usage 90-100%. Does it matter that i play lol with 70 ping? I don't think so

My specs:
Cpu:Intel Xeon x3470
Gpu: Rx 460
Memory: 6gb ddr3 1333mhz

csandreas1

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

Yes i don't think league of legends will use more than 4 threads, but why will it cause bottleneck on games that aren't well threaded? My cpu usage at lol is 19% and i lag very hard some times when i get more than 240 fps but ping is okay

wXu5fBd.jpg

If a game isn't well threaded, it will use up a core or a few and ignore the rest, meaning that, once those cores max out, it bottlenecks.

If you are getting stuttering, try turning on vsync and see if that helps. Without knowing what your monitor is, at 100+ FPS, the GPU might be far outpacing the monitor and causing issues as well.I doubt 70 ping is an issue. I have play LoL with 200 ping spikes and it only rarely was noticeable.

In you case, if you were to upgrade something, it would be the CPU as the GPU isn't getting stressed for those games you are talking about.

But if you can, try overclocking the CPU a bit to see if that helps. I know Xeon's weren't meant to overclock, but the motherboard might allow it. It might fox the issue by just upping the clock speed as the turbo speed is not dependable and some times on a core or 2.

csandreas1

Prominent
Mar 15, 2017

Overclocking can be tricky. it depends on the game you are playing, how your cooling is setup, may need to add more fans. Adding more fans means you need more power, so may need a bigger power supply. Then after all that, my CPU life will be shorter, and this one is used cpu from aliexpress already so no point to overclock it i think.