[SOLVED] FPS Disparity & Low FPS with GTX 1660ti ?

Jan 6, 2021
Laptop - Asus gu502gu
Specs - i7-9750H , 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM , GTX 1660 Ti , Refresh rate - 144Hz

I am averaging around 100 fps on games like Valorant with a GTX 1660ti after tweaking settings for the best performance using every means possible including the nvidia control panel and power settings . Even after all that i can only average around 100 fps . Not only that ... a friend of mine with a similar laptop but lower spec'd ( GTX 1650 ) is able to reach fps of around 200-300 whereas that is impossible for me . I would like to know why I am unable to reach those high fps numbers and how to fix it ?

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates, then check to see if the OS version is up to date. We're currently on version 2H2 for Windows 10. You can then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reinstall said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to see if the laptop is pending any BIOS updates, then check to see if the OS version is up to date. We're currently on version 2H2 for Windows 10. You can then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers, then reinstall said drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution