FPS drop after installing aftermarket cooler.

Feb 28, 2018
Hi, so yesterday I received my M9i cooler to replace the stock intel cooler. After installing it I have noticed around 30% decrease of fps in Rainbow Six Siege. I posted about this on reddit and people said that I did not apply my thermal paste correctly.

Today I replaced the thermal paste and It hasnt solved anything. The temperatures have improved so it is doing its job.

Specs:
i7 8700
Gigabyte Z370P d3
8 GB Corsair ddr4 ram
Gtx 980
Evga 450 BT PSU
I have 2 case fans.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Solution
You need to know CPU frequency, not NB. RAM frequency as displayed in CPU-Z should be multiplied by 2. That shouldn't change under load. Starting frequency for DDR4 is 2133MHz. All above you must set XMP profile in BIOS to achieve it.
Feb 28, 2018

Hi, This is my first ever pc and I honestly dont know what the frequencies should be.

Feb 28, 2018

NB frequency its 3190
Dram frequency around 1000
This is while in the games menu. I mean it was fine a few days ago, but after switching out the cooler it has gone downhill.

You need to know CPU frequency, not NB. RAM frequency as displayed in CPU-Z should be multiplied by 2. That shouldn't change under load. Starting frequency for DDR4 is 2133MHz. All above you must set XMP profile in BIOS to achieve it.

Solution
Feb 28, 2018

CPU frequency is at around 4300 Mhz right now.