[SOLVED] FPS drop after reinstalling windows

Sep 10, 2021
So I used to have a blue screen problem so I brought my laptop to a local computer shop near my house. The guy there reinstalled my windows. But after that, there is a massive fps drop. As an example I will use Valorant, I used to run valorant with all high settings and I averaged at around 120 fps, but now with all low settings I could only get 40 fps and that is if I'm standing still, if I flick just a little bit the fps will go down to around 2-20 fps. This fps drop happened to all games. I've tried deleting then reinstalling my GPU driver. I've tried reinstalling windows using the media creation tool. Changing settings. Nothing works.

My laptop is an Asus ROG STRIX G531GD
Processor: Intel Core i7-9750H
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
RAM: 16 GB

unknown.png

That's what I got on UserBenchmark

Solution
So I used to have a blue screen problem so I brought my laptop to a local computer shop near my house. The guy there reinstalled my windows. But after that, there is a massive fps drop. As an example I will use Valorant, I used to run valorant with all high settings and I averaged at around 120 fps, but now with all low settings I could only get 40 fps and that is if I'm standing still, if I flick just a little bit the fps will go down to around 2-20 fps. This fps drop happened to all games. I've tried deleting then reinstalling my GPU driver. I've tried reinstalling windows using the media creation tool. Changing settings. Nothing works.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX...
Sep 10, 2021
During idle it is around 80'C and when gaming it can reach around 95'C
Sorry, but I don't know my laptop's PSU, if it's the charger then it is an AC Adapter with 100-240V~5-60Hz 2.5A Input and 10V 7.5A output

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
RAM: 16 GB

unknown.png

That's what I got on UserBenchmark
Your system should get faster after a clean install. My guess is that the one who reinstalled windows gave you bloatware and possibly, a virus.

Did you pay for the windows or is it cracked?

Solution