Question FPS Drop, Frame Drops, Stutters, Lag Spikes.

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018
Hello,
Recently have been experiencing an issue with my computer,
Everything worked fine all good, but then the next day I noticed very high frame drops, stutters, and fps drops.
My games always runned at high fps fe.
CSGO - Normally Buttery smooth 240FPS, Next day - 70FPS but it felt like 20 with major stutters.
FiveM - Normally 100FPS, Next day - When I launch I get 1-10FPS But after 5 - 10 mins it increases to like 40-60 But feels like 20 with major stutters
Minecraft (Yes I know, Even Minecraft) - Normally over 350-900FPS, Next day i get 50-90 but feels like 40 and still major stutters.
I have been irritated for a long time now.
Even when I move my cursor on my desktop i get stutters and when I launch something, sometimes it freezes my cursor and pc for about 5-10 seconds and sometimes after 10 seconds I get BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT.

My PC Specs.

i7-4790k 4.6GHZ But I went down to 4.0GHZ Because i thought it was my overclock (upgraded from i5-4670 about 2 months ago)
GTX 1080ti
32GB RAM
Z97-M Motherboard

Please help me ASAP, if you have any questions feel free to start a conversation with me.

Thank You,
Kuba

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Perhaps reinstall Nvidia drivers?

The reason i suggested checking ram is you're getting bsods. Unless your drive is going bad.

Cpu temps under load should be under 80c. A throttling cpu decreasing speeds to lower temps is obviously bad. When checking this i run a cpu tester and watch temps & cpu speeds.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Your ram may be fine but i still don't feel confident you've even tried considering the lack of information given regarding what you've done.

How did asking to troubleshoot ram lead to this? It's not hard.

Anyway, if it's not ram then look toward reinstalling Windows. Have you ever reinstalled Windows or is your Windows a follow on from previous upgrades or systems?

kubacs

Honorable
May 7, 2018
I have reinstalled windows multiple times, I don't like the way your saying "I still don't feel confident you've even tried considering "As I have been trying for many hours for about 4 days now, working my ass off trying to fix this issue, I tested the ram, spend 1hr 30m after memtest post trying to get the memtest img to work, it did not as I set my boot priority to USB and it still booted to windows, I have tried different GPU and it still didn't work, I have no clue what this issue could be. Everything worked fine a 5 days ago.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I tested the ram, spend 1hr 30m after memtest post trying to get the memtest img to work, it did not as I set my boot priority to USB and it still booted to windows

This is why i wasn't confident. First you rushed your answer the first time and i know memtest can take a few hrs at least. Now, you say it doesn't work.

Well i don't know, perhaps you haven't prepared the usb stick properly.

Try each memory stick separately in the A2 slot, 2nd slot from cpu.