Question FPS drop, freezing, and stuttering in all games with GTX 1050 & i5. Please help

Jan 21, 2019
Hello all,

I purchased the MSI Trident 3, which has the i5 7400, GTX 1050, 6GB RAM, and I'm experiencing quite a bit of freezing for about 0.5 seconds randomly in games, stuttering, and FPS drop. I am using about 65% memory in games like World of Warcraft, Fortnite, etc, and GPU is about 35% and CPU is at 20-25%. I've tuned just about everything that I can think of, but I am also new to the PC gaming scene, as I'm a console player primarily. Games run great and look great, aside from that aggravating issue and I don't know what could be causing it. One weird thing I noticed is all apps are being used on the GTX, and system apps like Weather, Windows Store, etc is all being used by the GTX, and when I go to select to have the i5 run those, it's not listed under advanced graphics settings in Windows settings like it should be. Anyways, does anyone know what could be causing this issue? It's about to drive me crazy.

Thanks in advance!

I've also optimized the game in GeForce Experience app.
I have used Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstalled the drivers.
Restored Windows.
Games are stored on the HDD, not SSD.
CPU is clocked at around 3.00.

Feb 21, 2019
If all the apps are running on Nvidia, you can go to the Nvidia control panel and from the drop down menu select auto select graphics processor after that for particular programs you can configure it out seperately In add programs
Thank you
Do post if this worked also post if it didn't

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS