[SOLVED] FPS drop in Minecraft , which part i should upgrade?

Aug 31, 2019
hi everybody, i have problems with minecraft game. i have a decent gpu and cpu (core i7-3770 and Radeon rx580 4gb )but when i play game i get fps drops ,it even got worse when i installed shaders and texture packs needless to say i haven't installed any mods,i monitored my performance status with msi afterburner and i realized that gpu usage is something between 0-20 percent as for cpu was 50-60 percent ,i own a 6 gb ram (2gb and 4gb) i think it is a bit low for modern games and my hdd is old, here is my question : should i upgrade my ram up to 12gb or change my hdd with a new one ssd ? could hard drive cause frame drops or lag?(hdd:WD 1TB 2012 ,sorry for my bad english )
9tx4_bandicam_2020-01-08_12-43-59-163.jpg

you can see specifications on top

Solution
A SSD wont improve performance only loading times.

Your RAM is the issue, running two mismatched capacity RAM can have negative performance issue, and since your say its worse with textures that leads me to believe its a memory issue. DDR3 RAM is quite cheap I would recommend that you buy a 8GB or 16GB match pair kit of Dual Channel (two 4GB for 8GB, two 8GB for 16GB) and sell the RAM you already have.
A SSD wont improve performance only loading times.

Your RAM is the issue, running two mismatched capacity RAM can have negative performance issue, and since your say its worse with textures that leads me to believe its a memory issue. DDR3 RAM is quite cheap I would recommend that you buy a 8GB or 16GB match pair kit of Dual Channel (two 4GB for 8GB, two 8GB for 16GB) and sell the RAM you already have.

Reactions: Kian8492
Solution