Question FPS Drop massively for few seconds ! can't diag the probelm any help?

Oct 16, 2024
Hello everyone,
im experiencing this problem were my fps drop from +100 to 1-3 fps for a few seconds in game and its happens in a frequent way inside that game.
Firstly imma list my specs:
Rtx 3050
Rayzen 5 5600
Mb: Biostar B550Mh
PSu: LCpower 550w (Bronze edition idk if it make a diff)
Ram: 32gb ddr4 3200Mhz (using diff kind of rams but the same speed)
Ssd: idk actually what i have but i know its a low end + 1tb hdd
the reason i mention my ssd is because i think such probelm is happeing because my ssd speed cant handle the game
So im playing call of duty warzone and i have +100 fps and when i play everything is smooth until everything start to sutter and i notice everytime my fps drop to 1-3 fps for a period of time and everything goes to normal after that then a few minutes later same thing happen !
Also this problem is happening on cs2 same thing happen again while when i bought my pc for the first time this problem didnt happen.
my gpu do not heat: around 65%- 69%
after a while i used Msi afterburner to monitor the gpu usage and watt i found that when that fps drop happen my gpu usage drops to 0% and watt 0%
So is my PSU start failing or is it something else and yeah i tried to lower the game settings but nothing changes
So if anyone had the same issue please do tell me what to do.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which drive did you install the games on? You should get back to us with the make and model of the SSD and it's capacity.

Have you checked to see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending?

after a while i used Msi afterburner to monitor the gpu usage and watt i found that when that fps drop happen my gpu usage drops to 0% and watt 0%
You might want to try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually install the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command.

How old is the PSU in your build?

Please elaborate. You don't use different tires on the wheels of your car, you buy the same set of tires for one car.

Thread moved from Graphics card section to Systems

Oct 16, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which drive did you install the games on? You should get back to us with the make and model of the SSD and it's capacity.

Have you checked to see if your motherboard has any BIOS updates pending?

You might want to try and use DDU to remove all GPU drivers(intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, then manually install the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command.

How old is the PSU in your build?

Please elaborate. You don't use different tires on the wheels of your car, you buy the same set of tires for one car.

Thread moved from Graphics card section to Systems
Thanks,
For the ssd i have 512gb HIKVISION E100 2.5'' SATA 6Gb/s, And yeah the game is currently on my ssd i tried to play it on both but the issue keep happening.

I dont know to check if i have bios update im a novice in these kind of things, i only use windows update and geforce driver update.

This is the third year for my PSU and every other part in my build.

For my Ram i use BAllistix and the other is Xpg i didnt the find the same brand but i choosed carefully for the same speed
1329369_2__8939278-2.jpg
OIP.bqKhxodvR8Osm1Al99cRKgHaE8

Sep 17, 2024
Same still happens to me... do you also happen to have updated your bios ? Im not home rn so i cant test if reversing that update back to the original would fix it... Im not a professional i recommend you ask before trying to do that though.