Question FPS drop on every single game after graphic update.

May 18, 2019
Hello there everyone!

I hope this is the place that can help me with a weird thing happened recently.
I have a GTX 750 Ti updated yesterday to the latest driver, but since the update, EVERY game runs at like 10-16 fps.

Reading similar issues on the web, i tried to rollback to the previous version, but with no results.
Even with the previous drivers the fps drop is still there, and it's constant.
There seems to be no solution, so i wanted to ask you guys if you know what's going on :rolleyes:

I spoke to the Nvidia support, but their solution was manage 3D settings, and change some power management option, triple buffering off, and these things.
Curiously enough, as soon as i reboot the pc, it worked!
But now the problem is back again, and I'm desperate, since EVERYTHING is unplayable.

Temperatures are fine, cpu is between 37 and 59 on max reached.

Again, all this happened AFTER the latest Nvidia update, where before everything was normal and running fine.

Any ideas on what's going on? Any solution?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: i tried the rollback using DDU, and reinstalling the drivers from Nvidia, no results.
GPU temp is around 48

Last edited:
May 18, 2019
Have you tried using the DDU tool to do a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers, and to rollback them ? List your full PC specs. Which Power supply unit are you using ? Doing a FRESH Windows OS install won't hurt either.

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Yes i did Sir.
Still no luck unfortunately.

Full spec:

Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

CPU
Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz 43 °C
Lynnfield 45nm Technology

RAM
9,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 664MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
Acer FMP55 (CPU 1) 40 °C

Graphics
VS248 (1920x1080@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (ASUStek Computer Inc) 42 °C

Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-21WN4A0 SCSI Disk Device (SATA ) 38 °C

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH41N SCSI CdRom Device

Audio
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM)

PSU

FPS Group 750W

May 18, 2019
After running DDU, you installed the previous driver that worked ok, but are still experiencing the issue? Try the driver before that.

Hello Rob!
Thanks for your answer.
I actually managed to ""solve"" the problem rolling back like 5 times, on much older drivers.
The thing is that this is just a workaround, not really a solution, as this means i'm not going to be able to update my GPU drivers ever again (?).

So in a way the problem is still there, and there seems to be no solutions.
Should i just wait more drivers update or.. ?
Otherwise i'm stuck on this version, and when getting new games i won't be able to run them as efficiently.

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador
Hello Rob!
Thanks for your answer.
I actually managed to ""solve"" the problem rolling back like 5 times, on much older drivers.
The thing is that this is just a workaround, not really a solution, as this means i'm not going to be able to update my GPU drivers ever again (?).

So in a way the problem is still there, and there seems to be no solutions.
Should i just wait more drivers update or.. ?
Otherwise i'm stuck on this version, and when getting new games i won't be able to run them as efficiently.

Report it to nvidia as a problem and see if they can look into it.

I wouldnt worry much about the newer drivers, its not going to make much difference on a 700 series card at this stage.

TRENDING THREADS