Question fps dropped after game crashed

Feb 13, 2021
Hello,

So, a couple of days ago I was playing far cry 4 and suddenly it crashed and this message appeared : "your Pc ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. (0% complete)" after the game crashed and this messaged appeared, it made an annoying sound, like something that was lagging a lot.

When the pc restarted and I tried to play far cry 4, the fps suddenly dropped to only 40-55 while before it was at least 100. I then also tried far cry 3 and there was the same problem. (both downloaded from epic games)
However, other games such gta 5, metro exodus and rocket league were just fine.

I tried reinstalling the amd drivers, reattached the GPU and ram sticks but the problem was still persisting.

Components: r5 3600 (stock cooler) temps arounf 70-75 when gaming
rx 580 Sapphire SE temps less then 65 when gaming.
16gb ram

Is there a problem with the GPU?
did the two games get corrupted? should I try to reinstall them?

Thanks

Zer0123

Reputable
Aug 8, 2017
What you saw was a BSOD (blue screen of death), it's usually not a good sign when it appears, but you shouldn't really worry too much about it if it's the first time you've come across it, it's basically a system crash, it's your pc's go-to when it encounters a fatal error.

You should've remembered the exact error type it gave you, as they indicate what caused the system to crash, it could be many things like a driver issue, faulty memory, overheating etc

As for your current issue, if it's only exclusive to said titles, try deleting the settings/config files (you can google each game's settings location) and run the games and see if the issue persists.

Feb 13, 2021
What you saw was a BSOD (blue screen of death), it's usually not a good sign when it appears, but you shouldn't really worry too much about it if it's the first time you've come across it, it's basically a system crash, it's your pc's go-to when it encounters a fatal error.

You should've remembered the exact error type it gave you, as they indicate what caused the system to crash, it could be many things like a driver issue, faulty memory, overheating etc

As for your current issue, if it's only exclusive to said titles, try deleting the settings/config files (you can google each game's settings location) and run the games and see if the issue persists.
thanks,
Unfortunately I don't remember the specific code.
I reinstalled the games but the problem is still there.
I did what you recommended but the games still don't have the fps that they should have.