Question FPS DROPPING AFTER 2-3MINS WITH OVERHEATING ON A LAPTOP

Jul 12, 2019
i have a dell inspiron 5570 core i7 8th gen with amd 530(4g) 16 gb ram 2 tera hd .for one year all games were running smooth recently i was playing assassin's creed odyssey completed half but the game stated dropping fps the gpu temprature is going to 80c to 87c i cleaned my fan applied thermal paste nothing happened i changed chargers still nothing scanned malware threats came resolved them still nothing i dont know what to do need help fast (cant live without gaming) i did messed up by not playing with a cooling pad but as the problem started i bought a cooling pad 😬still fps is dropping do you guys think something wrong with the hardware or not and all drivers are updated before this problem my laptop was working perfect i have played many games in it please help me with a solution

Jul 12, 2019
brother the cpu core temprature core#1 70c core#2 70c core#3 68c cpu package 70c cpu total load 91% i have serviced my laptop from my friends shop cleanning the fans vents and applied thermal paste and since last year i have played 20 to 22 games in this laptop without even a single disturbance the same games are dropping fps

Use a monitoring tool like Afterburner to check cpu and gpu usage/temp while gaming. When these fps drop occur, check cpu/gpu temps and usage. If you see a dramatic drop in gpu usage lets say, then the card is programmed through bios to throttle at a certain threshold which is being surpassed. Use Wattman to raise temperature limit and see if it fixes the issue.

brother the cpu core temprature core#1 70c core#2 70c core#3 68c cpu package 70c cpu total load 91% i have serviced my laptop from my friends shop cleanning the fans vents and applied thermal paste and since last year i have played 20 to 22 games in this laptop without even a single disturbance the same games are dropping fps
Also, which are yout ambient temps? Do not underestimate ambient temps. during summer it is a well known issue that laptops will throttle due to excessive thermals

Jul 12, 2019
It could be throttling due to cpu high temps, not gpu. What are you cpu idle temps and under load?
Make sure all fans are working.
Refresh cpu thermal paste.