fps dropping every 20 secs

Kezeso

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017
i have amd fx(tm)-8120 eightcore cpu 3.1 hhz
4gb of ram
850w psu
m5a-88m motherboard
so i had as my gpu radeon hd 6700 and my fps dropped every 20 secs like in csgo it was from 120-20 fps
i thought it was my gpu becuz it was old, so i bought new one rx 460 asus strix 4gb
and i still have fps drops idk what to do.

Kezeso

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

sorry for late reply, i will try it

kol12

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
We need to see the temperature of CPU not the GPU stats at this stage.

In MSI Afterburner click settings, then the monitoring tab and then scroll down in graph section to find CPU temperature. When you find it click on it and then below look for the tick box called "Show in on screen display" click it and then click ok. Now play CS GO and the overlay should show the CPU temperature, you can then take a screenshot or note the CPU temperature.

Kezeso

Prominent
Mar 20, 2017

i know but CPU temperature is okey in game its 60-70 and when i dont play its 40-50

How's your CPU temp.?

Here's my GPU clock and usage :pt1cable:

Guessing I won't be asking for anything.

I'd download https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner . That can show you your resource usage. I click the gear on MSI AB(aka settings) and then I click on monitoring. I am playing Far Cry 4 and look to MSI AB's OSD and see
Far_Cry4_2016_11_08_22_14_29_543.jpg
. If I only had 4GB RAM there would be issues such as yours.

P.S. I saw that you solved your issue. Your RAM is another one.

AMD's Turbo Core is similar to Intel's Turbo Boost Technology which is not kin of K.I.T.T.'s Turbo Boost technology.. My 4690K stock speed is 3.5GHz. However there are features/technologies in place that automatically adjust that. A quick look to MSI's command center reveals my CPU speed is currently at 1GHz. If I close my browser it will slow to 800MHz. If I start a game it will be at 3.9GHz compliments of Intel's TB tech..

The HD 6700 doesn't exist. This means the OP either has the 6770 or the 6750. That means " disable igpu boost" shouldn't do anything because those cards are not integrated. But apparently those changes did something. More than likely it was the Boost. Now instead of the OP's CPU relaxing when there is not anything much to do it will constantly be at its stock speed and won't ever reach its boost speed.

kol12

Honorable
Jan 26, 2015
@aquielisunari

Yes but Intel Turbo Boost is different to Intel SpeedStep which is what your describing about the clock adjusting to cpu load. Turbo Boost is just the factory boost that Intel puts on the cpu...

If Turbo Core is similar then yes the OP will only be running his cpu at the base frequency. Not sure if AMD has any similar to SpeedStep? This is a power saving feature.

I can't quite see how disabling Turbo Core could fix the issue, @OP have you been trying to overclock the cpu? I totally overlooked the 4 GB ram and this really could be the issue, it's too little for today's gaming... Also notice the OP mentioned he upgraded the gpu to rx 460 asus strix 4gb?

You are so right and I was wrong. WRONG! WROOOOONG!!! And for that I apologize to you and the OP. I know the difference and took the boosting way to far over to Speedstep then I will start ranting about C1 and all that. Thank you for correcting me. I was referring to AMD's version of Turbo Boost. And I missed the changing of the cards:pfff:? That doesn't change the igpu oddity.