[SOLVED] Fps dropping from 60 to 55 with stutter from fallout 76 to Graveyard keeper

Nov 20, 2018
Some background info ...
Im using;
Ryzen 2600
Gigabyte Gtx 1080 OC windforce
16gb corsair vengeance ram2400mhz
Gigabyte x470 ultra gaming mobo
Evga 750 gold certified semi modular psu
Evga CLC 120 cpu liquid cooler
Adata 250gb ssd
Adata Xpg m.2 drive
All built with new parts and seemingly has no problems in any other way. I get buttery smooth framrates gaming a 1080p 60fps, until i notice a frame drop or stutter and fps drops to 55 for a split second.
By stutter, i mean anytime i move around in game every 6 - 10 seconds i get a weird frame drop where the screen freezes for a micro second or, usually when loading into new areas or doing some action or another. In magic arena its during card drop or turn pass, in graveyard keeper its usually just when walking anywhere and in fallout 76 it can be at anytime something is happening.
Temps are fine, i never go above 53 on my cpu or 70 on gpu even when gaming on ultra. I've reinstalled all drivers and wiped twice with a fresh legitimate install of windows 10 home, I've unplugged all hard drives one at a time to eliminate it being either and tried a separate 2tb hdd i had as well with the same problem. Ive swapped the gpu with a friends 980ti and still got the stutter on my pc when i took my card to his we didnt see it although he plays different games so you never know although i doubt its the card. Ive tried different sticks of ram at different speeds and different amounts, with the same problem. The last few things i can think are cpu, which when stuttering in graveyard keeper seems to have around a 5 percent dip in usage which i find weird. People have suggested thermal throttling but i monitor temps and it that game i NEVER go above 50. Another thing could be MOBO or PSU. Both which i have direct replacement warrentys from canada computers for. The cpu i only have the manufacturers warranty.
Any ideas or experience with this problem im losing my mind. Also ive tried tweaking everything i could in bios to no avail same with nvidia inspector and a ton of other stuff.

Solution
Sounds like it's your bios. Make sure all threads are showing in cpu-z, if not than there's an option in the advanced tab of bios. Make sure your temps aren't stupid high, if so you might need to turn down your memory clock to 2133 or make sure every special feature is disabled in the advanced tab. Don't adjust core voltage manually. If you need to turn off "auto" core voltage than chances are your memory can't handle the speed. I'm not an expert but these tips helped me with stability.
Nov 20, 2018
Oh, also in case its brought up. After reinstalling windows the second time with only the drive i was installing it and fallout on i ran it with just basic drivers and all other programs gone. Still had the exact same problem so its not likely a software issue

Nov 27, 2018
Sounds like it's your bios. Make sure all threads are showing in cpu-z, if not than there's an option in the advanced tab of bios. Make sure your temps aren't stupid high, if so you might need to turn down your memory clock to 2133 or make sure every special feature is disabled in the advanced tab. Don't adjust core voltage manually. If you need to turn off "auto" core voltage than chances are your memory can't handle the speed. I'm not an expert but these tips helped me with stability.

Solution
Nov 30, 2018
It's not your hardware or software my friend. Fallout 76 is a stuttery mess since it's release. It's a combination of the games 3d engine and network code at fault. There are thousands of comments across the web with people who have average hardware specs to those running super hot PC's. They all say the same thing, stuttering, frame rate drops. I have tried all the tweaks and the latest drivers myself, the game can be running as smooth as butter then out of nowhere a stutter or frame rate drop, the problem is the game or maybe a poorly optimized map. The balls in Bethesda's court, they need to sort the game out. The stuttering issues are on the consoles too.

Mar 3, 2019
Hello,

i have read this thread and also some other threads, e.g. from here:
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/457641-fallout-76-pc-framerate-fps-issue-fix

(To chance the resolution and basicly to update driver is NOT (!) the solution for the "frame drop"-problem!)

The solution for the frame drop is:

a)

to change the ugridstoload from "5" to "3", and

b)

to deactivate the bVolumetricLightingEnable vom "1" to "0".

The VOLUMETRIC LIGHTNING and the uGRIDSTOLOAD caused this framedrop.

Here is my short guide to this problem:

http://www.sixgen.com/tmp/Fallout76/Mod_FPS-Einbruch-beheben.zip

(German Sites)

Kind Greetings
SixGen ("Matti79")