Question fps drops after 15 minutes of gaming

Jul 20, 2020
Hi, i have i5 4460, gtx 960, 8gb of ram. Just did a fresh windows intall because the games had low fps/stutter. So after the fresh windows installiation i overclocked the gpu a bit. The fps was about 70-80(before, fresh win, below 60). However, after gaming for like 15 minutes it dropped down to 45-60. Both cpu and gpu had 100% usage, cpu had 68C and gpu 80C. I wonder what could cause such an issue. Could my gpu be thermal throttling? The fan on the gpu has somekind of rattling sound, but i dont think that 80C is a lot. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Jul 19, 2020
Having similar problems in another thread. I've tried loads e.g. changing PSU among other things. Running FurMark should my GPU be static core frequency? Mine jumps all over the place.

Obsidian - What GPU do you have? If GPU temps are 85C or less, thermal throttling shouldn't happen, but you may need to increase the power limit to prevent the power throttling you're seeing.
On AMD GPUs you can do this in the AMD Settings software, performance tab.
On Nvidia GPUs, you'll have to download a 3rd party software like MSI Afterburner

Jul 19, 2020
Obsidian - What GPU do you have? If GPU temps are 85C or less, thermal throttling shouldn't happen, but you may need to increase the power limit to prevent the power throttling you're seeing.
On AMD GPUs you can do this in the AMD Settings software, performance tab.
On Nvidia GPUs, you'll have to download a 3rd party software like MSI Afterburner

RX480 8Gb Sapphire Nitro+

Temps always below 85C, I've tried decreasing and increasing power limit, I've tried on a lower clock - so as not to hijack this thread, I've got one over here: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ames-following-upgrade.3629179/#post-21872860