FPS Drops after awhile of playing games normal temps on cpu/gpu

WatuZ

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
Hello i have been having a problem with my computer since i got it half a year ago.
After playing games for awhile (1-2 hours) my fps will drop signifigantly.
My mouse also starts to get more and more slugish as time goes on / tried with diffrent mice.
I have tried changing bios c states on cpu and turning of hyperthreading turbo boost but it still happens. I have checked with tempatures and they all are far below thotteling.

Computer specs =
CPU = i7 6700k
GPU = gtx 1080 msi aero 8gb
Motherboard = z170a-s02
Storage = Samsung 750 evo ssd
PSU = Fractal Design Effekt

WatuZ

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016

Thanks for taking the time to reply, the PSU is apperantly specially made for a swedish company i bought the computer from (prebuilt computer).

https://www.inet.se/produkt/6900029/fractal-design-effekt-600w#merinfo

Im gonna play some games and have the hwinfo running and ill come back with some screenshots.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Can't see why. Looks more windows related or the ssd that fills up or your ram,but ram issues i don't see in those pics.
You leave the pc on sometimes at idle so TRIM can do it's work? Clears the ssd's blocks and relocates data so new complete blocks get free.

WatuZ

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016

well i have it on for awhile when going out and stuff and thats like 4 hours a day atleast in idle.
I tried reinstalling everything on it now after clean removing everything from it and ill see if it fixes it.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
You have XMP enabled for the ram? Well if it is faster than 2133mhz ram you should .
Can test with one stick at a time as well assuming you use two sticks.

You have the latest firmware for the ssd? Can check that with Samsung Magician.

WatuZ

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016

ye i have xmp enabled i have tried with 1 stick in and without xmp same situation.
it actually gets worse if i have it enabled if that helps.
by the way, if i restart my computer it gets fixed for awhile so not sure whats cousing that.

WatuZ

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016

so you think its the ssd or ram?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Did you check the firmware on the ssd?

Can you maybe make a log?

How to make a log,

download hwinfo32,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run",
at the bottom of the window click "logging start",
choose a name and place for the log like "hwinfolog" at the "desktop" or wherever you can find it back,
this log can be viewed/opened with either excel from Microsoft or libre office calc.
you can upload it onto a site which facilitates this like SaberCatHost or DropBox,these i like since not so much (or any) spam comes with these.
Just make one until this happens like you described.

Windows is legal?

WatuZ

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016

windows is legal, i have been having some other symptoms that might help with figuring out what the problem is.
The windows is being very slow at loadiing icons and the start menu has been freezing sometimes.
Scrolling down pages on reddit or youtube loads super slowly aswell and sometimes just stutters.
And when watching videos they are very choppy and some frame skips accur.
when playing the game it feels like everything has some sort of delay, mouse inputs and sounds and everything seems abit delayed.
i will get you a log soon.
Thank you for trying to help me out