[SOLVED] FPS drops after installing a new SSD ?

Sep 6, 2022
I had a WD Blue HDD before upgrading to an SSD, and I was getting around 200+ fps in Valorant, but now it seems to be around 100 or so, and it feels stuttering while playing.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 5600g
16gb ddr4 ram 3200Mhz
Gigabyte ds3h b550m motherboard

I used a cloning software to clone my C drive to the new SSD, is that the issue?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would advise on reinstalling your GPU drivers, using DDU and then using the latest drivers from AMD's support site. BIOS version for your motherboard? Make and model of the SSD used?

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I would advise on reinstalling your GPU drivers, using DDU and then using the latest drivers from AMD's support site. BIOS version for your motherboard? Make and model of the SD used?
I don't have a dedicated GPU, as it's an APU build considering the prices of GPU were quite double at the time of building it.
It has the latest bios update F15 from Gigabyte.
The SSD is M.2 NVME with PCIe Gen3x4 and SATA III 6GB/s(that's what it is written at its back)

I don't have a dedicated GPU, as it's an APU build considering the prices of GPU were quite double at the time of building it.
It has the latest bios update F15 from Gigabyte.
The SSD is M.2 NVME with PCIe Gen3x4 and SATA III 6GB/s(that's what it is written at its back)
Are drivers just windows supplied or you have some other ones ?
If you go to AMD site you can pick up drivers specially for APUs
There's also a utility to control it
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/amd_apu_tuning_utility.html

Sep 6, 2022
Are drivers just windows supplied or you have some other ones ?
If you go to AMD site you can pick up drivers specially for APUs
There's also a utility to control it
https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/amd_apu_tuning_utility.html
No, it wasn't installed from the windows, I downloaded the driver from AMD website itself.
Thanks for the utility kit, but I didn't notice any fps buff yet.

I ran a CPU Benchmark using the UserBenchmark tool, and the result is as follows:
Gigabyte GA-B550M DS3H Performance Results - UserBenchmark

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2022
Just a test.

Use ddu and then install the vid driver.
Thank you man, I never used this tool, so I had to google stuff and now it seems to be working fine. Phew, you literally saved me, but I still didn't understand why it was happening in the first place. Nevertheless, it works now, so I guess let's get over with it, haha, and thanks again.