Question Fps drops after reapplication of thermal paste, temps are okay

Jun 19, 2020
I was having really high CPU temps( 100 C +) so i replaced the thermal compound and it returned to normal and everything was okay. But about 6 hours later i tried to game again and I am seeing quite low fps. I used to get around 100 to 120 fps on csgo but now I am getting for 30 to 50. It was okay when I played immediately after applying the paste but after some hours i dont know what happened. The CPU temps are in the neighborhood of 70 which i guess is okay and the gpu temps are the same too. So it doesnt seem to be a thermal problem, I am really confused about this. Maybe I applied too much paste or something.

EDIT: FORGOT THE LIST OF COMPONENTS, REALLY SORRY FIRST TIME HERE

i3-6100(stock cooler)
8x1 gb DDR4 2166 Mhz corsair vengeance Lpx
gigabyte g1 sniper b7 (b-150)
Gigabyte gtx 950 2GB
2Tb firecuda hybrid
corsair vs550

Last edited:
I was having really high CPU temps( 100 C +) so i replaced the thermal compound and it returned to normal and everything was okay. But about 6 hours later i tried to game again and I am seeing quite low fps. I used to get around 100 to 120 fps on csgo but now I am getting for 30 to 50. It was when I played immediately after applying the paste but after some hours i dont know whats happening. The CPU temps are in the neighborhood of 70 which is okay and the gpu is the same too. So it doesnt seem to be a thermal problem, I am really confused about this. Maybe I applied too much paste or something.
All that's missing is a list of your components.

TRENDING THREADS