Question FPS drops after updating drivers with DLSS 2.0

gusnd

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2013
I mostly play Overwatch, but I noticed an issue started to happen with other games as well. I have a Galax 2080 Ti with a Ryzen 2600 and after updating the drivers using GeForce Experience using express install and rebooting the computer, the fps usually drop. I disabled the GFE automatic optimization because it sets to 200% scale and many other settings which may prevent reaching 200+ fps, but with the driver update, it gets between 70, 90 and 120 fps, which is not the usual average framerate playing on high settings. I tried many driver's settings without success until I tried to use DDU to uninstall it. This seems to have fixed after installing the drivers again but with another issue: now it keeps the fps locked at the same refresh rate (144hz) with no v-sync enabled with any game nor Nvidia control panel. In the previous driver version, I had to enable the Max fps setting and set it to 1000, now even that is not working, seems like after implementing the DLSS 2.0 to the drivers the issue started. Any idea how to unlock it again as it should be?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS