bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Hello all , i have a similar thread about this , but no good answer to be honest, so i really need your help , you could save me from buying a new one or not , so my gtx 970 is running game at low fps , lets say pubg runs at very low at 34 , 30 , drops to 24 , apex very low 50 65 , fps drops to 45 , this is driving me crazy , i left my pc for 2 and.a half month and.now.i.come back.to my pc and.this.happen , even 4k youtube videos is stutters or slow, my z170 pro.gaming.mobo bios is not.updated its from 2015 , new bios 2018 , but i dont know.if.this is the problem , why im getting so bad fps with a good gpu , i tried reinstall windows but same , cpu 51c while gaming gpu 61c while gaming, so i would.be.so glad to you to.help me

Spec: i7 6700k
Gtx 970
16gb 1 stick
Psu corsair cx600w
Mobo z170 pro gaming
Windows 10 home

Solution
If it has ran before with normal FPS, then maybe not the bios version is the problem.
But if there is a newer bios version, just update it.
Take the GPU's latest drivers.
Clean it, add additional coolers, and so on.

If this video card is used something like 5-6 or more years, maybe it is getting tired.
And if there have been environmental factors, such an improper humidity or weak building isolation from vibrations, or if it 's been hit or something, it may be the reason for it to be somewhat damaged for the 2-3 months u say. Also, if it's been used for mining or exceptionally having been exhausted for hard gaming...

Considering a new GPU is not a bad idea, though. Nowadays, video cards like 1650-Super and stronger ones are doing the...
If it has ran before with normal FPS, then maybe not the bios version is the problem.

If this video card is used something like 5-6 or more years, maybe it is getting tired.
And if there have been environmental factors, such an improper humidity or weak building isolation from vibrations, or if it 's been hit or something, it may be the reason for it to be somewhat damaged for the 2-3 months u say. Also, if it's been used for mining or exceptionally having been exhausted for hard gaming...

Considering a new GPU is not a bad idea, though. Nowadays, video cards like 1650-Super and stronger ones are doing the 1080p-medium 60+ FPS job (or 45+ in non-optimized games). GTX 970 is getting old with itself being kinda' good, but still practically being a 3.5 GB GPU. Also RTX 2060 is performing very well...

Solution

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018

Considering a new GPU is not a bad idea, though. Nowadays, video cards like 1650-Super and stronger ones are doing the 1080p-medium 60+ FPS job (or 45+ in non-optimized games). GTX 970 is getting old with itself being kinda' good, but still practically being a 3.5 GB GPU. Also RTX 2060 is performing very well...
Its old actually ,5 years , it probably hit the gpu , i remember this with the pc on and turn off , i smell something bad in gpu , but after this turn on and work.normal , but i came back and see , and here is the result , so probably damaged or.something , because i.didnt test it for a long.time , but the question , if its damaged , does it even.run? Or its faulty , or shock? Does it even show a display? Does it even run games? Thats the question and thanks.for.advance for the reply

bboy.hh

Commendable
Mar 15, 2018
Most times it really can run.
Just with the worse results, of course. Depending on the damage.

Well... maybe just something between gtx 1650 Super and RTX 2060.
And to keep it safer.
I will try to buy a new one , still 970 is a good one , but not very good compare to others , thank you for reply