Feb 24, 2021
I've been dealing with this for a very long time, but still no solution...

In all the games I play I get fps drops/stutters, on some games its unplayable, and its only a slight stutter on others...

The worst performance I get is when I play a game like fortnite...

My PC components: Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus rx5600xt 6gb
32gb corsair 3200mhz
Rog strix b450-f gaming
480gb crucial ssd (windows)
1tb Samsung evo 970 plus (games)
Berlin 630w 80+ bronze PSU

I have done everything I could but i can't find a fix for this...

I will leave some photos of me doing cinebench and timespy benchmarks wiht perfect results, and then I will also post a 2 screenshots of my fps dropping with an MSI afterburner overlay, and 2 screenshots of my game running like it should...
I'm decent at PC's but no expert...

The first thing that comes to mind is temperatures, but as you can see on the screenshots, they are perfectly fine...
The thing I noticed is that my CPU clock is going higher than it should, is that something to worry about? I haven't overclocked it...

Sorry for the bad quaility, OBS decided to make it look bad...

Please help if you can, I've been going crazy...

Screenshots:
Cinebench photo Timespy photo Timespy photo2 Frame drop 1 Frame drop 2 gaming working fine game working fine 2

Solution

In all the games I play I get fps drops/stutters, on some games its unplayable, and its only a slight stutter on others...

Asus rx5600xt 6gb
32gb corsair 3200mhz
Rog strix b450-f gaming

I have done...

Asus rx5600xt 6gb
32gb corsair 3200mhz
Rog strix b450-f gaming

I have done everything I could but i can't find a fix for this...

I will leave some photos of me doing cinebench and timespy benchmarks wiht perfect results, and then I will also post a 2 screenshots of my fps dropping with an MSI afterburner overlay, and 2 screenshots of my game running like it should...
I'm decent at PC's but no expert...

The first thing that comes to mind is temperatures, but as you can see on the screenshots, they are perfectly fine...
The thing I noticed is that my CPU clock is going higher than it should, is that something to worry about? I haven't overclocked it...

Sorry for the bad quaility, OBS decided to make it look bad...

Please help if you can, I've been going crazy...

Screenshots:
Cinebench photo Timespy photo Timespy photo2 Frame drop 1 Frame drop 2 gaming working fine game working fine 2
Try this step by step (read till end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) and the chipset in control panel like this:
    unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, find HPET or High Precision Event Timer and disable that, then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot and go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced, then connect to internet.

• Install the latest radeon driver and samsung 970 evo driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except in optional update).
  • Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Solution
Feb 24, 2021
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 16 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) and the chipset in control panel like this:
    unknown.png

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings, find HPET or High Precision Event Timer and disable that, then save and exit.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot and go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced, then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did). Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except in optional update).
  • Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Ok, will try this later when I have time, I will do it today and say if it worked...

Reactions: Koekieezz
Feb 24, 2021
    unknown.png

unknown.png

I have done it all, and it is still the same, if not even worse...

jaz2018

Honorable
Feb 19, 2018
I had this issue when I installed a 1TB EVO 970 plus
It even showed up on movie playbacks occasionally
I took out the M2 and the problem went - I put it back and it returned.
Magician says all is well.
Clearly it isnt.
I'be repeatedly checked/reconfigured bios and so on etc.
In my case I'm running:
32 GB Ram
Asus Z370A-Prime
Coffee lake i7 8700
Win7-64 pro
Gforce GTX970 (ZOTAC)

Try pulling the M2 evo see if it helps.

TRENDING THREADS