TheMagi

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11063985

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB ATA

AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor

16 GB of Ram on an ASUS m5a78l-m/usb3 motherboard

Above are my stats. SO for the last month I've suddenly had an issue that no one has been able to fix. I've worked on it for the last few weeks and I cannot find out what's wrong.

While I'm playing a video game my fps will drop to around 20-30 fps for ~5 seconds then return to the normal fps I had been getting. after about 60 seconds itll drop again. This is accompanied by my CPU usage and GPU usage decreasing as view-able from task manager. The fps returns when the CPU and GPU utilization returns:

• I have uninstalled/reinstalled drivers and video games. Admin mode and safe mode runs, and of course adjusting visual settings in every way possible.

Unparked all 8 cores and turned PCI Express Off

Overclocked and monitored temperatures (never goes over 76 C) I've put an AC unit in front of my comp to make sure its not overheating, and the issues persists.

My SSD is running in AHCI and with a sata 3 cable, i've tested all the ports on the motherboard as well.

I've run anitmalware (malware bytes, adwcleaner, hitmanpro) to verify its not some kind of bit miner malware or something.

I will say the only "breakthrough" I've had, is with League of Legends. Uncapped, League was running 90-110 fps, then dropped to ~40fps during the hit, BUT when I capped league to 60fps it remained stable and didn't dip.

Now I'd like to say this worked for all games, but games like Dead by Daylight are already capped at 60fps, and capping Arma 3 didn't stop the frame drop issue.

So there is my issue in its entirety. I will be happy to provide screenshots, videos, in depth analysis or anything else you might need in order to help me figure this out, but I really need help.