[SOLVED] FPS Drops from nearly 300 to maybe 100

Dec 22, 2018
So like a Month ago the Problem started, in every game (R6S, Csgo, Destiny) i am playing my fps dropped from nearly 300 to only 100 or less. I reinstalled Windows, reinstalled für games, updatet the drivers etc. but nothing helped.

My Hardware:
CPU: I7-8700k @ 4.3 Gut
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1070ti
Ram: 8GB G.Skill Value @ 2133
MB: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3
PSU: 500 Watt BeQuiet System Power 9

Solution
500w is the minimum recommended power supply for a 1070ti...Tom's has plenty of articles on good vs just ok power supplies to look at. If it was me I would probably look at the 600-650w range to support a 1070ti.

Also the 8gig of system memory may be causing slow downs when it becomes full and Windows starts hitting the swap file to make up for the low ram available...16gig is the recommended amount of memory for gaming these days with many games using more than 8gig...an example is Black Ops 4 which will use over 12gig.
Your power supply is not great for such a system, that's one thing.

Have you checked the temperature of cpu/GPU during the fps drop? It sounds like thermal throttling, decreased performance when overheating to save components from getting damaged.

Which cpu cooler do you have on your i7?

It could even be something with PSU not providing enough power or failing to provide. But first, let's check the temps

500w is the minimum recommended power supply for a 1070ti...Tom's has plenty of articles on good vs just ok power supplies to look at. If it was me I would probably look at the 600-650w range to support a 1070ti.

Also the 8gig of system memory may be causing slow downs when it becomes full and Windows starts hitting the swap file to make up for the low ram available...16gig is the recommended amount of memory for gaming these days with many games using more than 8gig...an example is Black Ops 4 which will use over 12gig.

Solution