[SOLVED] FPS Drops/ Game Stuttering

Mar 27, 2020
Hello all, recently I have started to experience FPS drops and stuttering while playing games. The game of choice is Fortnite.

I have had this PC for about a year to a year and a half and this has never happen before. But recently the game has become unplayable as the FPS and stuttering is unbearable.

My specs are :
CPU- Ryzen 7 2700x
GPU- GeForce RTX 2070
RAM- (2) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (2x4 GB) DDR4 - 2400 memory
Mobo- Gigabyte AB350 Gaming ATX AM4
SSD- Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM Internal Hard Drive

I suck with computers and need help as I have no idea what to do. Do I need to upgrade my Motherboard/RAM or what? I have no clue what is causing these drops please help , thank you

Solution
couple things I see that would allow you to get more performance out of your PC. 8gb of RAM these days is an absolute minimum and 2400MHz is too slow for a Ryzen CPU as they get better performance with faster RAM. first, i would ditch the ram you currently have and get a 3600mhz 16gig kit (8gbx2). also, i would try uninstalling and re-installing the GAME and Nvidia GPU drivers. also in-game make sure that your resolution matches up with your monitor's resolution AND refresh rate 1080p@60hz for example. see if that helps
couple things I see that would allow you to get more performance out of your PC. 8gb of RAM these days is an absolute minimum and 2400MHz is too slow for a Ryzen CPU as they get better performance with faster RAM. first, i would ditch the ram you currently have and get a 3600mhz 16gig kit (8gbx2). also, i would try uninstalling and re-installing the GAME and Nvidia GPU drivers. also in-game make sure that your resolution matches up with your monitor's resolution AND refresh rate 1080p@60hz for example. see if that helps

Reactions: helper800
Solution

TRENDING THREADS