FPS drops good video card

kurizu

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
3 days ago I build a pc with some friends which has a GTX 1070 in it and other components that should not hinder the performance of the card. My games play in pretty high FPS, but sometimes it just goes back to 30-50 FPS even in games like CSGO and LoL where it should always be 100+, and it stays on that FPS for quite some time. All the drivers are completely up to date (although I did update them while using an older monitor).

Specs:
RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 2400 C16
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
MOBO: Asus PRIME A320MK
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Case: Sharkoon VG4W
Graphics Card: Inno3D Geforce GTX 1070 X2 8GB
PSU: Corsair CX650M

Solution
Since CS:Go is an online game, assuming you do not have connection issue of any kinds:
1. Make sure the HDMI cable or any graphic cable to the monitor is connected to the graphic card and not to the motherboard...don't laugh, this actually one of the most common mistakes
2. Energy options all set to performance and not to energy saving mode in Windows control panel and nVidia control panel
3. Check running application/services in the background during gaming, perhaps something unwanted is running.
4. Check the temps on the proc and graphic card. They will throttle if the temps are too high.

I hope you are not playing online games via WLAN.

kurizu

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017

It's a completely new made PC from scratch, all the components are newly bought and installed. I did install some games, but no further changes to software. We updated all the drivers 2 days ago. I forgot to mention it sometimes drops all the way down to 10, but then it goes up again. But it's not persistent like the 30-50.

RAM: Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 2400 C16
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB
MOBO: Asus PRIME A320MK
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
Case: Sharkoon VG4W
Graphics Card: Inno3D Geforce GTX 1070 X2 8GB
PSU: Corsair CX650M

Since CS:Go is an online game, assuming you do not have connection issue of any kinds:
1. Make sure the HDMI cable or any graphic cable to the monitor is connected to the graphic card and not to the motherboard...don't laugh, this actually one of the most common mistakes
2. Energy options all set to performance and not to energy saving mode in Windows control panel and nVidia control panel
3. Check running application/services in the background during gaming, perhaps something unwanted is running.
4. Check the temps on the proc and graphic card. They will throttle if the temps are too high.

I hope you are not playing online games via WLAN.

Solution

Inno3D is an ok cheap brand. You can find this brand even on Europe.
I would rather recommend to take official nVidia driver rather than any of those custom brand specific drivers.

Well when i say custom i mean its a separate driver/update/firmware that can resolve an issue that is only for their card.

Its like when i bought a gigabyte card for my brothers system to replace an R5 and the new card was stuck at 100% fan then we got the firmware update of the brands site it resolved the issue.

kurizu

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017

I changed the energy options in the nvidia control panel and now it's working fine ^^, thanks for your help :D

TRENDING THREADS