FPS Drops GTX 760

Solution
I wouldn't consider the 760 able to max out crysis 3. There are a lot of tessellation problems with extreme high end graphics like that and metroid. Mostly involving particle effects, which stress the ever living s*** out of your card. Those random drops might just be "dipping" due to the processing load. The only other thing I could say before considering RMA, is it's overheating and down-throttling the GPU. More common in laptops, but its not unheard of in desktops. If you play for extended periods of time or keep your pc in an area where not a lot of air can get to it, I wouldn't be surprised. Download a program called speedfan and coretemp. Watch your temps when it happens. anything ~85c+ is bad, and most likely the...

benftf

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
You're going to need to provide a hell of a lot more information than that.

i.e. - what your doing when it happens
how frequently
what driver you're running
which manufacturer
any specific game/program it only happens to?
what OS
how long have you had the card
did you recently change configurations/upgrade anything in your pc
ect.

Airitech

Honorable
Dec 13, 2013
Im playing games.
uhhh not very frequent, but its annoying
Driver 332.21
Gigabyte manufactuere, built by me.
Crysis 3, any game really
Windows 8.1
1 month ive had the card.
No.
Motherboard is a GIgabyte 970-D3P
AMD FX-8350
Corsair 750w M

benftf

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
I wouldn't consider the 760 able to max out crysis 3. There are a lot of tessellation problems with extreme high end graphics like that and metroid. Mostly involving particle effects, which stress the ever living s*** out of your card. Those random drops might just be "dipping" due to the processing load. The only other thing I could say before considering RMA, is it's overheating and down-throttling the GPU. More common in laptops, but its not unheard of in desktops. If you play for extended periods of time or keep your pc in an area where not a lot of air can get to it, I wouldn't be surprised. Download a program called speedfan and coretemp. Watch your temps when it happens. anything ~85c+ is bad, and most likely the culprit.

coretemp - http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/

speedfan - http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

Solution

Latest posts