Question FPS Drops In All Games Mircrosuttering Please Help I've tried everything I can think of!?

LapizTheRelic

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
I've recently started to have an issue in all my games where my fps will drop and I will get a micro stutter it's very annoying Ive never had an issue like this before. Ive recorded a video using dark souls 3 as an example:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CmVJQy3FE8&feature=youtu.be
time stamps in the video for the fps drops
Ive tired everything I can think of and looked everywhere online heres a list of what I have done:
  • Reinstalled windows 10
  • reset all cpu and gpu setting to factory settings
  • disabling D.O.C.P witch is the AMD version of XMP
  • swapping games over to a different hard drive
  • deleting and reinstalling games
  • Disabling xbox game bar
  • Disabling Windows game mode
  • Cleaning PC even tho the PC wasnt dusty
  • Reseatting Ram and Gpu
  • rolling back drivers
My Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
Asus PRIME B450M-A/CSM Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL15 Memory
Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB OC Video Card
Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Please I need someone to help me I saved up all my birthday and chrismas money for 3 years to build this PC and it was working perfecty fine and now its not. I just want to be able to play games with out having this annoying issue I know that its not a game engine thing because my friends with lower end pcs than might can run the game perfectly smooth

LapizTheRelic

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
There seam's to be no problem in video that you made so my first thought's are what screen are you using and are you using display-port cable to connect it do you have that option if so I suggest you buy a display port cable.
I have tired both hdmi and display port and I have tired differnet monitors Ive never had this problem before I will record another video in a different game also make sure the video quailty for the dark souls video is set to 1080p60fps

What might have changed since when all was well?
On the possibility that windows has pushed out a less than optimum update, try using system restore to reset back to a time when all was well.

The usual cause for microstuttering is cpu related.
Sometimes that is caused by thermal throttling.
Try taking the case covers off and direct a house fan at the innards.
If that helps, look to case cooling solutions.

I might also add that
I will never again build without a ssd for the "C" drive. It makes everything you do much quicker.
240gb is minimum, it will hold the os and a handful of games.

If you can go 500gb you may never need a hard drive.
With ssd prices down, even 1tb is reasonable.

In games, loading video textures from a SSD will be some 40X faster than from a HDD
Game checkpoints will be faster.

LapizTheRelic

Prominent
Aug 9, 2020
What might have changed since when all was well?
On the possibility that windows has pushed out a less than optimum update, try using system restore to reset back to a time when all was well.

The usual cause for microstuttering is cpu related.
Sometimes that is caused by thermal throttling.
Try taking the case covers off and direct a house fan at the innards.
If that helps, look to case cooling solutions.

I might also add that
I will never again build without a ssd for the "C" drive. It makes everything you do much quicker.
240gb is minimum, it will hold the os and a handful of games.

If you can go 500gb you may never need a hard drive.
With ssd prices down, even 1tb is reasonable.

In games, loading video textures from a SSD will be some 40X faster than from a HDD
Game checkpoints will be faster.
I tried the windows update I reinstalled windows from the usb I originally used when I built the pc the temps are fine on the cpu and gpu I really dont know what else to do I’d hate to go buy ssd only to find out that’s not the problem

TRENDING THREADS