fps drops in all my games

m_16

Prominent
Oct 13, 2017
so i have this problems for the last few weeks on my laptop, when i want to play a game that already played before (ex: Dota2,Dying Light,Far cry Primal,etc) suddenly i get a significant fps drops, for example :

when i play dying light in high graphic setting with 1920x1080 resolution i get about 35-50 fps before, now all i get is about 15-25 fps with 800x600 resolution and low graphic setting. just wondering what is going on.

and there is something i found, so when i try uninstall my graphic card driver and play a game, i get the same fps just like when the driver is installed, it seems like my graphic card is not working but i dont really sure about that cause i not check it yet. can someone help me.

(note: sorry for bad english)

Solution
Software:
Have you meddled with your drivers or energy-saving settings?
Modern laptops tend to utilise integrated graphics in less demanding tasks or when energy saving settings force its usage.

Hardware:
If everything is OK in terms of drivers and settings there could be another problem with your system.
What are the temps of your hardware, especially CPU and GPU under load/idling?
When was the last time you have dust-cleaned your laptop?
It could be that dust, which accumulated over time, is causing higher temps throtthling your system, limiting your fps

pulmoll45

Reputable
Oct 13, 2017
Software:
Have you meddled with your drivers or energy-saving settings?
Modern laptops tend to utilise integrated graphics in less demanding tasks or when energy saving settings force its usage.

Hardware:
If everything is OK in terms of drivers and settings there could be another problem with your system.
What are the temps of your hardware, especially CPU and GPU under load/idling?
When was the last time you have dust-cleaned your laptop?
It could be that dust, which accumulated over time, is causing higher temps throtthling your system, limiting your fps

Solution