Fps drops in certain games.

lasse.h.kock

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
Fps drops in certain games.

I got this tiny problem. My games usually run smooth and nice without any problems what so ever, but this is not the case with 2 of my games. Im talking about PUBG and Paragon. I like both games, but these fps drops makes it hard to enjoy competetive games like so. I can be playing for like 15-20 min and then suddenly it drops the fps from 80-100 to 25-40. Then after about 3-5 min it returns to normal. This happens in both Paragon and PUBG. Nothing more annoying when you're in a tense teamfight or shootout and your fps drops and basically renders you useless. Also note that i do not have this problem in games like Battlefield 1, CS:GO, Titanfall 2. Witcher 3 and Rainbow six siege.

I got this inside the laptop:

i7-6700HQ CPU 2.60GHz
16 GB Ram
Geforce GTX 980m

Hope some one has a solution for my problem.

Download MSI afterburner with Riva tuner, install them, and in MSI in options you have Monitoring tab and when you select for example "GPU temperature" down in graph properties select "Show in On-Screen Display" and that will show you on screen, and now select for GPU temperature, GPU usage, Core Clock,Fan Speed,temp limit, CPU temp, CPU usage and frametime. And now see what causes drops, temperature?

lasse.h.kock

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017

Temp is around 68-70 when ingame.

Quantum007

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2016
I have the same problem that you have,only that my fps drop happens during around 10 seconds,and when it happens both the game and Windows 10 interface lag.I encounter this problem when I play games CSGO often(despite of having a powerfull laptop).I even have a thread started about this,but I didn't received much of help.I am also eager to find a fix for this problem.

My thread:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3834395/game-lag-playing-games.html