[SOLVED] FPS drops in every game

Sep 20, 2019
System specs:
mobo - MSI Z370 Gaming Pro
cpu - intel i5 8600k
gpu - asus gtx 1070
ram - 24gb 2400mhz running dual channel

I've had this pc for almost a year, and don't recall ever installing new drivers for my GPU in that year, and I know they weren't updating automatically because I actually don't like Geforce Experience. The other day, however, I started getting insane consistently low FPS on my display, despite fps counters saying I was getting 90+, even in games like league of legends. Someone said make sure the games were on my ssd, which didn't make sense cause it didn't matter whether the games were on my ssd or hdd.

Anyways, I downloaded geforce experience and downloaded the latest drivers. This fixed the issue, until I came to play games the next day. The low FPS had returned, so I downloaded DDU this time and uninstalled everything and reinstalled the latest. This fixed it, again, only for the day. Now I'm here with the latest drivers on geforce experience and I've tried playing with HWmonitor open on the side to see if anything was overheating/100% utilization, but there's nothing out of the ordinary. Just stuck with irritatingly low FPS.

Does this suggest a physical hardware issue with my graphics card? What is wrong here? CPU and GPU run at 60 celsius and ~50-70% utilization under load. I can't think of anything else that would be causing this, except maybe monitor desync, as I'm using a 144hz monitor. I'm discouraged from thinking this is the issue however due to the inconsistency of the issue and the temporary fix with installing new drivers.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Solution
Since it fixes itself when you restart, makes me thing it's software related. You can try a clean installation of windows to make sure it is indeed software related.
It won't hurt to update BIOS, chipset and windows to the latest and check if the issue remains.
Sep 20, 2019
This is still happening. With the release of the new Call of Duty, I downloaded the new drivers once again. Every time I first boot my PC, everything has a frame stutter, even typing this message. Just restarting my PC is working for now, but It's really irritating and I'd rather it not be a thing. It's also quite puzzling, trying to figure out what is causing this. I'm guessing some kind of software issue, but I have no idea.

Since it fixes itself when you restart, makes me thing it's software related. You can try a clean installation of windows to make sure it is indeed software related.
It won't hurt to update BIOS, chipset and windows to the latest and check if the issue remains.

Solution