FPS Drops in games

stormforce

Honorable
May 25, 2014
Hello,
I have one problem. I don't know why but whenever I play any game I get this FPS drops like crazy. Let's say I play Counter Strike Source and at first copule of minutes it sits at around 300 fps. Then after some minutes it drops to 40-50-60 fps for some seconds and then it gets back to 300. That is happening every few minutes.
I don't know what is causing this. I have good PC. Its like 5-6 months old. Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7950
RAM: 8 GB
MOBO: MSI-970A-G43 (i think)
also SSD

What I think it is, is that I have box (stock) cooler on my CPU. Maybe CPU gets hot, and then cooler can't get it down because it isnt really good, so I get those drops.
I dont know... What do you think?

Solution
I think I got it fixed. I cleand the PC from the inside, but I don't think that helpt much. What I did is turned off some shit in AMD Over Drive, like Turbo Core and some more things.
I've seen this before, something is throttling due to temperature. Start with the CPU, but it could be the GPU as well.

If you find one of them is getting hot, give the heatsink a cleaning. Hit it with compressed air, but don't let the fan(s) spin, it could damage the fan.

stormforce

Honorable
May 25, 2014

I ran malwarebyts and its clean. I will clean my case tomorow and tell you resaults.

Danimal1q2w3

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
I has this exact problem with a biostar board. Tried everything you could think of and changing the motherboard was the only thing that helped. I tried every different version of drivers and re installed windows, new power supy and video card,(it was time for an upgrade anyways). Only changing the board helped

stormforce

Honorable
May 25, 2014

Hmm, I don't know about that, because it's new PC. And I didn't put all parts together, its made in the shop I brought it from. So I guess they know what they are putting together.

stormforce

Honorable
May 25, 2014
I think I got it fixed. I cleand the PC from the inside, but I don't think that helpt much. What I did is turned off some shit in AMD Over Drive, like Turbo Core and some more things.

Solution