FPS drops in OBS whilst gaming ... HELP

Jinn

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hey guys,

So I'm in need of some help. I stream on Twitch and haven't had any problem with the games I play causing problems with OBS & playability .... Until yesterday.

I went to play Rocket League but the OBS fps dropped between 10-16 making it choppy. So, I switched to Rust only to fine that the fps dropped lower! (between 5-11), making the game & stream horrid.

The strange thing is, is I've played both these games before whilst using OBS, and everything was smooth, no problems at all. I'm confused as to what could have happened to change it.
I tested out Overwatch to check, and that was fine.

I tried changing the bitrate, lowering settings, changing servers, resolutions, checked for overheating, cleaned dust filters, checked for driver updates, ran virus & malware checks, checked wire connections, background processes etc.

My specs are:
Intel i7 7700k
Nvidia geforce gtx1070
asus prime zz70-k
Corsair 16gb ram
Corsair hydro H45

I'm not over knowable about these kind of things, hence coming here to ask for some help.

Thank you in advance x

Jinn

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

It's dropping in both. I've checked my network, and nothing has changed.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017

You've done a lot of checking already, so we're shooting into the dark now.

What is usage for both CPU and GPU during streams? If neither of those are problematic, you might want to do a memtest to see if your RAM is functioning properly without errors.

Jinn

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

Hey!
My usage is between 60, and at times spiking to 90ish depending on the game I'm trying to play.
I've tested my memory and its coming back as ok. Also tested temps, and nothing is showing as overheating.

Testing Rust right now without streaming, and my FPS is at 16, which is ridiculous for my system spec