I just built a PC with theese specs:

HDD: WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz 16GB
CPU: Cooler: ASUS ROG Strix LC 240
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti VENTUS XS OC
PSU: Corsair TX650M, 650W PSU
MB: ASUS ROG Strix B460-F GAMING
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700KF

The current problem is that I experience FPS drops in all games. When the PC was built it did 400fps, but capped it at 144hz due to the monitor and it never went a frame under.

Now I have started to experience heavy FPS drops below 144 whenever i play a game and it does not matter what quality i set, same issue on low graphics.

I have not OC anything, tho the plan was to do it.

The following is checked:
-Monitored the temps and they are all fine.
-Updated BIOS, GPU driver and chipset.
-Removed fast boot option from Windows and set the performance to high in the power settings
-Updated Windows (10)
-Removed 3rd party software like GeForce Experience and removed Discord overlay.
-Set the vaule for GameDVR to 0 on both places in RegEdit
-Ran CC Cleaner
-Do not use MSI afterburner (head it might also make FPS issues)

PS: I have done some settings in BIOS (Enable XMP) and set the speed to 3600MHz, it wont do more then 2900MHz for some reason.

Want to note that the reason for the GPU is that nothing else was available, plan is to upgrade in the future.

Enyone have eny clue to what may cause this or a sulution?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
use an onscreen display when playing one of the games and see what is going on with your hardware.
check the utilization % for the CPU & GPU
the speed your GPU core, GPU memory, system RAM, & CPU are running at...

also do a malware scan. a lot of malware can eat up CPU and\or disk usage and limit what other applications can access.

if you have an XMP profile for 3600MHz enabled but your RAM is only reaching 2900MHz there is also a chance your RAM or your motherboard has malfunctioned in some way.
use an onscreen display when playing one of the games and see what is going on with your hardware.

also do a malware scan. a lot of malware can eat up CPU and\or disk usage and limit what other applications can access.

if you have an XMP profile for 3600MHz enabled but your RAM is only reaching 2900MHz there is also a chance your RAM or your motherboard has malfunctioned in some way.

Solution
Mar 19, 2021

Thanks for the reply! I put in a Geforce GTX 980 and it worked perfectly so seems like a bad defective card!